Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

One of them was the only 3 point threat, on has 2 other good shooters.
One went to 2 FF, the other likely won't get there.
Player comparisons have to incorporate prognostications on their eventual March Madness team accomplishments? Phew. You guys are tougher than sonsofsamhorn.

Go here and tell me how Cooney is a much better shooter than JGIII - use numbers, it should easy.

Maybe you watched Trevor Cooney's brother Terry - the one who could play? Just by PER JGIII is better (17 to 13 where 15 is average). Girard is shooting 35% from 3 in conference - something Cooney never came close to (peak 32.8 and 29.7% average) taking a remarkably similar number of attempts. JGIII is a better FT shooter and similar at 2s (42.3% to 41.1%) when Cooney's rim drives were legendarily bad. D-rating has JGIII as 102.7 (where 100 is average) compared to Coon-dog's 100.9 average. Joe has more assists, a better A:TO ratio, the same steal%. Even TS% is in JGIII's favor outside of one magical season (13-14) where Cooney lit up a string non-con teams at 51% from three, but then settled down to right around 30% where he usually lived.

ETA: I'm done here - Kadary Richmond, folks.

No, just videos posted here and youtube, etc so not in person. 6'5 175 is skinny that's no Dion Waiters who was 6'4 215 and not skinny, lol. I will take your word for it, I just thought he had a bit of a high dribble, didn't look natural to me compared to say a Tremont Waters. I guess its personal preference. How does he compare to Goodine? more advanced or no?

Richmond is stronger and flashier than Goodine. He has a greater ability to weave through traffic to create a shot inside.

And that sounds similar to Pace's game. get in the lane and score, jumpers were very rare from him if I recall

Pace had the ability to get into the land and put up a floater that was hard to defend. He was a crafty player, more skilled as a scorer than Richmond.

Richmond is stronger and flashier than Goodine. He has a greater ability to weave through traffic to create a shot inside.
He is also taller and longer, but doesn't shoot as well.

Totally different players.
Curious.This isn’t a dig. Have you seen Richmond play? I saw him a few months ago. He’s not skinny. He already has a college build. And he’s a PG more than anything. He has a terrific handle and can get into the lane and score. His outside shot is average at best.
And that sounds similar to Pace's game. get in the lane and score, jumpers were very rare from him if I recall
I don’t see the Josh Pace comparison. I loved Pace. He was a great slasher who could get into the lane with a dribble or two and score with a nice floater and, after some development, at the rim. Richmond seems more like a penetrating shake and bake PG who can drive and kick or finish with either hand in the lane right now. And he looks smooth doing it. No idea if he’ll be able to make the adjustment and do that against high major D1 talent. But he’s got the look.

I don’t see the Josh Pace comparison. I loved Pace. He was a great slasher who could get into the lane with a dribble or two and score with a nice floater and, after some development, at the rim. Richmond seems more like a penetrating shake and bake PG who can drive and kick or finish with either hand in the lane right now. And he looks smooth doing it. No idea if he’ll be able to make the adjustment and do that against high major D1 talent. But he’s got the look.
Right. He's not Josh Pace.
He's... Joe Dumars.

Joe was a little shorter but I can see the resemblance in their games. Joe had a purer looking shot but the attack mindset for sure is the same.
Whoooooohoooooo!!!!!

I posted the Dumars comp a few weeks ago and got murdered. Literally murdered. Posted it today, just as a bit of a zetz.

Whoooooohoooooo!!!!!

I posted the Dumars comp a few weeks ago and got murdered. Literally murdered. Posted it today, just as a bit of a zetz.
You weren't murdered...BTW Joe D. made more 3s in that video than Kadary has made in his career to date...

You weren't murdered...BTW Joe D. made more 3s in that video than Kadary has made in his career to date...
Mur. Dered. You don't know my life! I'm dead i tell ya.

[I made no reference to the three-point proficiencies of either player. Totally wasn't about that.]

Mur. Dered. You don't know my life! I'm dead i tell ya.

[I made no reference to the three-point proficiencies of either player. Totally wasn't about that.]
Clearly alive and well!!!....Shooting is kinda important in this game...if you haven't noticed...

Clearly alive and well!!!...Shooting is kinda important in this game...if you haven't noticed...
I feel like we're speaking different dialects of the same language...
Of course it is. I didn't say anything about that not being important. I didn't say anything about one being better at it than the other. I simply said there are aspects of Kadary's game and frame that remind me of Joe Dumars. With the body, it's probably the legs. With the game, it's the shiftiness and body control with a sort of 'power.' That's largely it, based on the two or three Kadary games and the fitty Dumars games i've seen.

LOL! McCroskey couldn't dribble and couldn't go left, those are Kadary's strengths

Good. Great, even. After Jalen and Goodine, I’m just trying to keep my expectations low so I don’t do the whole “completely overrate the guy I’ve never seen play” thing anymore.

Good. Great, even. After Jalen and Goodine, I’m just trying to keep my expectations low so I don’t do the whole “completely overrate the guy I’ve never seen play” thing anymore.

Goodine is a very very good player. He hasn’t met expectations because he hasn’t been allowed to. JB decided he was going with the big shooters. Goodine needs to transfer which is something I never say about a player. He’s more than a spot minutes player. He’s our best defensive guard by far and our best guard at getting to the basket. Pretty good shooter too even if the stats don’t show that. He’s the most athletic too.

Goodine is a very very good player. He hasn’t met expectations because he hasn’t been allowed to. JB decided he was going with the big shooters. Goodine needs to transfer which is something I never say about a player. He’s more than a spot minutes player. He’s our best defensive guard by far and our best guard at getting to the basket. Pretty good shooter too even if the stats don’t show that. He’s the most athletic too.

I can see the defense and athleticism and the potential to be a good shooter stuff.

I haven’t seen the getting to the basket thing yet. He just looks a little stiff off the dribble at this point, to me.

Not sure why he can’t be the third guard, getting 8-10 mpg at both guard spots next year though if he’s that good?

He is not doing it in the games. He should be playing over Washington, but he is not pushing the ball or attacking off the dribble.

Last edited: