Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I agree about his ceiling and I am only assuming he will provide more value than Moyer. I see Richmond’s ceiling (ceiling being the key word here) to that of a Silent G, or even MCW, even sprinkle in a little Brandon Triche due to the muscle.
I like Mike G but Kadary is several years ahead of him in the development arc...

Sooo Kadary is 6’7?! Do we think can he play the 3 for us? That would be huge if he could.

We have had such Orange greats as Stevie Thompson, Dave Johnson, Lawrence Moten, Josh Pace,
and more recently - Andy Rautins, Mali, and Eli - all play the 3 for us very successfully.
It's not just about height.
All of those guys were actually guards in a 3-guard lineup.

And even if he's really "only" 6'5-ish, that still plenty tall enough for the 3.
He's not a beanpole either, which is why I think he's a better fit for potential minutes at the 3 than Buddy.

We have had such Orange greats as Stevie Thompson, Dave Johnson, Lawrence Moten, Josh Pace,
and more recently - Andy Rautins, Mali, and Eli - all play the 3 for us very successfully.
It's not just about height.
All of those guys were actually guards in a 3-guard lineup.

And even if he's really "only" 6'5-ish, that still plenty tall enough for the 3.
He's not a beanpole either, which is why I think he's a better fit for potential minutes at the 3 than Buddy.
Yeah obviously height doesn’t mean everything but it helps... if he can get physical in the paint on defense and for rebounds he should be our 3.

Yeah obviously height doesn’t mean everything but it helps... if he can get physical in the paint on defense and for rebounds he should be our 3.
You can't play a 3 guard line-up if you only have 3 guards...

Right now assuming Hughes leaves we have 3 guards, 4 forwards and 3 centers, no way you play a 3 guard line-up with that roster construction.

You can't play a 3 guard line-up if you only have 3 guards...

Right now assuming Hughes leaves we have 3 guards, 4 forwards and 3 centers, no way you play a 3 guard line-up with that roster construction.

Yeah, I don’t see him getting any run at the 3 this year. Bras probably gets those scrap minutes.

What's the scoop on Kadary's shooting ability?

From Allen Griffin...

“I heard about Kadary three years ago. Went down to see him play and thought he had a chance to be a good bigger guard,” Griffin said. “He had a good handle. It would be how good he can be as a shooter. Over the years, his jumper has gotten so much better. He’s good enough to make a perimeter shot.”

Sure you can... it’s not typical or ideal but you definitely can.

Agreed. JB will give his best players minutes, wherever he can fit them in.
See: guys like Lydon & Marek at the 5. Mali as a 3. etc.

Andy Rautins played a TON of minutes at the 3 in his career, when we basically only had 3 guards.
He was at the 3 with Paul Harris as our 4 for a HUGE chunk of the 6OT game.

Agreed. JB will give his best players minutes, wherever he can fit them in.
See: guys like Lydon & Marek at the 5. Mali as a 3. etc.

Andy Rautins played a TON of minutes at the 3 in his career, when we basically only had 3 guards.
He was at the 3 with Paul Harris as our 4 for a HUGE chunk of the 6OT game.
None of those teams only had 3 guards...different rosters

I am told by those in the know that SU played a 3 guard lineup this year and only had 3 guards who played, so why not?

I am told by those in the know that SU played a 3 guard lineup this year and only had 3 guards who played, so why not?
Because of injury, foul trouble, and you would be benching one of your turning forwards, one who is the best returning play maker, and the other who is one of the best rebounders and the most physical player on the team.

Because of injury, foul trouble, and you would be benching one of your turning forwards, one who is the best returning play maker, and the other who is one of the best rebounders and the most physical player on the team.

Au contraire!!

Swing Marektion to the 5, Q holds down the 4, and then Kadary & the 2 scrappy white kids.
Small ball. Space & pace! :p

I’d be more surprised if we DON’T see that lineup at some point, rather than if we do.

Au contraire!!

Swing Marektion to the 5, Q holds down the 4, and then Kadary & the 2 scrappy white kids.
Small ball. Space & pace! :p

I’d be more surprised if we DON’T see that lineup at some point, rather than if we do.
See that line? Sure if we up 10 with 3+ mins to go, of course we want our foul shooters on the floor.

Down 10+ with 10 to go sure, see if we can shoot our way back in it.

But starting the game that way I seriously doubt it.

See that line? Sure if we up 10 with 3+ mins to go, of course we want our foul shooters on the floor.

Down 10+ with 10 to go sure, see if we can shoot our way back in it.

But starting the game that way I seriously doubt it.

Totally agree. No way that is ever the starting lineup, nor did I claim as much.

CDB is your starting 5, barring injury.

And barring Grad xfer TBD (not Towns) to take over for Eli, we’re likely starting the other 4 returning dudes:
Joe, Buddy, Marek, and Q.
2 Seniors, 1 Jr, 2 Sophs = not terrible.

As has been said, “the best thing about Freshmen, is that they become Sophomores”.
;)

Totally agree. No way that is ever the starting lineup, nor did I claim as much.

CDB is your starting 5, barring injury.

And barring Grad xfer TBD (not Towns) to take over for Eli, we’re likely starting the other 4 returning dudes:
Joe, Buddy, Marek, and Q.
2 Seniors, 1 Jr, 2 Sophs = not terrible.

As has been said, “the best thing about Freshmen, is that they become Sophomores”.
;)
Not all freshmen are created equal...

I like Mike G but Kadary is several years ahead of him in the development arc...
I hate to be a negative nelly, but last year Goodine was supposed to be great too but never saw the floor. This kid already has the physique, however, and just needs to prove it on the court.

My question his, who has more potential him or Andre Jackson who we missed out on? It looks like they both ranked around the same, so it will be interesting to see who has the better career. It kind of reminds me of the Warrick vs Hodge scenario although Hodge was ranked much higher, and these 2 are around the same.

I hate to be a negative nelly, but last year Goodine was supposed to be great too but never saw the floor. This kid already has the physique, however, and just needs to prove it on the court.

My question his, who has more potential him or Andre Jackson who we missed out on? It looks like they both ranked around the same, so it will be interesting to see who has the better career. It kind of reminds me of the Warrick vs Hodge scenario although Hodge was ranked much higher, and these 2 are around the same.
Jackson has more “elite skills” but Kadary is more well rounded. I think Kadary will help on offense instantly while Jackson will make his impact passing, blocking shots, transition.