Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I guess people are satisfied with bubble teams and getting mauled on the boards inthe ACC.

That’s why we’re recruiting bigs too like IJ. Did you want AJ?

I guess people are satisfied with bubble teams and getting mauled on the boards inthe ACC.
so, you think a single guard in the 2021 class obviates the presence of the front line players who will be freshman this year, and woody newton in next year's class, and all the offers out to the 2022 class . . . ?

catastrophic reasoning doesn't really change any minds, it only speaks to those who have already gone down your path

Id take him in a second

After some quick research looks like he graduated high school in the spring and this will be a post-grad. Richmond reclassed to '19 but jumped back to '20. Smart move as he's picked up a bunch of offers since doing so.
If that's the case let's enroll him in January.

We got mauled on the boards when we were good. The difference between Syracuse being good and average has to do with offense, not rebounding.
Right. It's not the defense in most instances. In fact the defense should put up better numbers this year with the longer 3 pt line. Shooters are more of a premium and we have some. Plus we should see longer rebounds. Which could lead to more run outs. Here is where we need to check the stats on where the rebounds land on 3 pt shots on different spots on the floor and that's where we teach our guys to go to.

Guards win in modern basketball. if he can share it and or shoot it. Sign as many up as you can.
Take the "or" out and I'm fully on board.

If you look at his entire list of offers, they are nothing to write home about. I would pass and look for someone better.
We don’t need another guy to play the top of the zone. We already have five guards. He’s not big enough to play the bottom of the zone. People keep complaining about finishing in the middle/back of the ACC. This kid will not change this, especially when the top of the ACC keep brining in five star players. He’s not a difference maker. Who loses a scholarship for this kid?
SU also has offers out to guards in the next two classes too.

I just assume that after the last post my dude literally burst into flames like an NBA Jam sprite.

I get he's "under-sized," to play on the wing, if that's even true. However, I think it's awesome to have as many guys who can create shots for themselves and others on the floor at the same time. A guy like Southerland was great, but, he couldn't get his own shot and that limited us. Nova has it down. 5 guys that can score, pass, dribble. I want that.

He’s an inch shorter and five pounds lighter than Andre Jackson.

The fact is most of the complaints about Richmond also apply to Jackson. He wasn’t going to put us over the top in the ACC either.

The fact is most of the complaints about Richmond also apply to Jackson. He wasn’t going to put us over the top in the ACC either.
Meyer just picked Cuse.. so that's not a bad thing

A few things:

Hughes is 6-6 and plays the wing. So Jackson was big enough to play there.

However, Jackson wants to play two guard.

But SU doesn’t have any room there.

UConn likes to play three guards

Jackson found a home at UConn.

after the last shtshow I’ve realized the comparison to crystal meth is very, very apt.

Honestly its hard to take it seriously unless it breaks our way late when a commitment day is set. Two months ago every writer picked SU including Meyer to get Dre and we all saw how that worked out. Still it is a bit interesting that so many guys are picking Cuse after we just offered like 2 days ago. Hopefully a good sign.

Honestly its hard to take it seriously unless it breaks our way late when a commitment day is set. Two months ago every writer picked SU including Meyer to get Dre and we all saw how that worked out. Still it is a bit interesting that so many guys are picking Cuse after we just offered like 2 days ago. Hopefully a good sign.

I hope so but Meyer seems to just make a pick (and change them later) on a whim. I’d feel good if his commitment was like a week away.