Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I mean a lot of fans/posters booked Guerrier for 30 mpg this year and we see how that is going. All it takes is to look at JB's history with most freshman to know what's going to happen.

Especially a kid whose weaknesses are "defense and motor."

Why do posters do this? Richmond isn't passing Goodine and Girard. He's also not passing Guerrier/Dolezaj and Hughes if he stays. Thats not even counting Braswell. I think its highly likely he plays about 10 mpg or less his first year.

I mean a lot of fans/posters booked Guerrier for 30 mpg this year and we see how that is going. All it takes is to look at JB's history with most freshman to know what's going to happen.
Posters are speculating (granted, some speculations are much better than others depending on the poster).

But, aren't you doing the same thing when you make declarative statements like "Richmond isn't passing Goodine and Girard"? Not saying you will or will not ultimately be right. Just saying you are calling the kettle black.

Posters are speculating (granted, some speculations are much better than others depending on the poster).

But, aren't you doing the same thing when you make declarative statements like "Richmond isn't passing Goodine and Girard"? Not saying you will or will not ultimately be right. Just saying you are calling the kettle black.

People are putting the cart before the horse. I'll gladly bet someone if they disagree. Could he pass one of them? Maybe, but 2? No.

You guys see how JB treats most freshman. Richmond would have to jump up into the top 40 to start and I don't see that happening. Plus Girard and Goodine are really good guard prospects themselves that are just getting started at Syracuse and will have a year under their belt understanding our system.

Why do posters do this? Richmond isn't passing Goodine and Girard. He's also not passing Guerrier/Dolezaj and Hughes if he stays. Thats not even counting Braswell. I think its highly likely he plays about 10 mpg or less his first year.

Not next year with the roster as it stands. But maybe the year after. The one thing this team has missed since maybe Scoop or MCW, is PG that could get to the tin and create. I don't know if Richmond is that player yet but he seems built for it.

Not next year with the roster as it stands. But maybe the year after. The one thing this team has missed since maybe Scoop or MCW, is PG that could get to the tin and create. I don't know if Richmond is that player yet but he seems built for it.

I actually think he ends up as a ball handling forward before he plays guard. Not sold on his shooting at all right now.

People are putting the cart before the horse. I'll gladly bet someone if they disagree. Could he pass one of them? Maybe, but 2? No.

You guys see how JB treats most freshman. Richmond would have to jump up into the top 40 to start and I don't see that happening. Plus Girard and Goodine are really good guard prospects themselves that are just getting started at Syracuse and will have a year under their belt understanding our system.
I hear you on some of that, and your points are well taken. Not sure I get the caveat that "Richmond would have to jump into the top 40 to start." Girard is a living example of that not always being the case.

IF Richmond gets minutes next season, I don't think it will necessarily be at the expense of Girard and BB. I think his skill set would work best playing WITH JG and BB.

He’s that kind of player. Nobody currently at SU has his type of ability. But he will be a freshman and will need to jump a few PGs with experience. JB and the staff will need to make their own decisions.

I actually think he ends up as a ball handling forward before he plays guard. Not sold on his shooting at all right now.

Carey can’t shoot and he started the year at PG. Of course he suffered a thumb injury and was probably headed for the bench anyway. If you surround Richmond with shooters, he’ll excel.

Carey can’t shoot and he started the year at PG. Of course he suffered a thumb injury and was probably headed for the bench anyway. If you surround Richmond with shooters, he’ll excel.

And Carey actually shot 40% from 3 in AAU. Anyway we saw how the offense ran when he was in the game and was no threat to score. If Richmond plays a lot as a freshman I’ll be shocked. Especially if Girard keeps playing the way he’s been playing.

I don't think the outside shot is as important if he can get into the lane. It'll free up the shooters.

Scoop (or Triche for that matter) couldn't shoot either. He hit just enough.

Hughes is probably leaving. But Richmond would be miscast as a SF. Absolutely needs to play the point.

Who is EJ?
sf/point is exactly the role eli is currently playing

jb has a long tradition of running 3 guard lineups with the tallest playing on the back line of the zone & being called a small forward

sf/point is exactly the role eli is currently playing

jb has a long tradition of running 3 guard lineups with the tallest playing on the back line of the zone & being called a small forward

Suppose that could happen. But expect a big dropoff in outside shooting proficiency.

I don't think the outside shot is as important if he can get into the lane. It'll free up the shooters. Scoop nor Triche could shoot either. They hit just enough.

I think we are arguing semantics a bit, but Triche and Scoop at least were around 33-36% for their careers. Same with Dion. They were better than Battle/MCW from deep, but the game has changed a LOT just in 5 years. I agree he has a skill set we don't have, but maybe I am just apprehensive about having guards that can't shoot as it's harder to drive when teams can just pack the lane on you. Either way it's good that we are looking to sign complimentary players to our roster's current skill set.

We don't need Kadary to shoot 3s we need him to do what we all hoped Carey would do for this team. Run the offense, beat his man off the dribble when needed for a pass or shot. We don't have a guard that can't be pressed.

For example if you tried to press Flynn, Scoop, Dion, MCW, etc. They would be at the rim in 2 seconds.

We don't need Kadary to shoot 3s we need him to do what we all hoped Carey would do for this team. Run the offense, beat his man off the dribble when needed for a pass or shot. We don't have a guard that can't be pressed.

For example if you tried to press Flynn, Scoop, Dion, MCW, etc. They would be at the rim in 2 seconds.

Bingo!

Kadary landed at #84 on the new ESPN 100 (previously unranked).
Andre Jackson is at #53, fwiw
I remember when we used to have 2-3 recruits on here every season, usually 1-2 in the top 50.

Last edited:
Kadary landed at #83 on the new ESPN 100 (previously unranked).
Andre Jackson is at #53, fwiw
I remember when we used to have 2-3 recruits on here every season, usually 1-2 in the top 50.
Big bump for Isaiah Jackson.

As usual, Duke and Kentucky have a bunch. So they're assuming that this year's frosh (or most of them) will be moving on. From what we've seen so far, most of these guys will not be ready for the NBA next Spring. Should be interesting.

Neither have pros. Some will leave early, but they don't fit the surefire thing we've seen from Cal and K especially Cal when he was churning out elite talent. Cassius Stanley isn't an NBA player.