Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

That crossover...
30EDEFE5-B02A-40DB-809C-3577C75284C9.gif

Someday he is going to be given the iso role Elijah fills for us. He was born for that and is going to do really well there.
But teams may dare him to shoot and play his drive. He’s not the shooter Hughes is, not even close.

But teams may dare him to shoot and play his drive. He’s not the shooter Hughes is, not even close.
I don't think Hughes was the shooter he is now when he was in HS either. If you watch his shooting form, he is going to be a good shooter. Maybe not as good as Elijah but he will at least be serviceable. He is already a better slasher and even passer than Elijah, IMHO.

Oh my goodness. Just see tomcat's response. In no way should he be expected to come in and be Elijah Hughes in his first year. As tomcat has just said, not even Elijah Hughes was Elijah Hughes last year

The one issue with Richmond is where does he play? He not a 2 or a 3. He’s a PG. And he’s not playing over Girard. And you can’t play him alongside Newton in the front court because Newton isn’t a PF (note: he’s not a rebounder). They’ll need, however, to find a role for Richmond.

If he’s better than Girard he’ll play over him I’d hope.

If he’s better than Girard he’ll play over him I’d hope.

Girard is clearly a benefit, but let's not anoint him just yet. He has a long way to go. He is limited in many ways but is a gamer. In many coaches rotations, he would be a 20 minute / night guard, instant offense type. I am not convinced we want to ride with Joe for 30+ minutes a game. He is small, gives up a lot on defense, and others may be able to replicate his O.

Girard is clearly a benefit, but let's not anoint him just yet. He has a long way to go. He is limited in many ways but is a gamer. In many coaches rotations, he would be a 20 minute / night guard, instant offense type. I am not convinced we want to ride with Joe for 30+ minutes a game. He is small, gives up a lot on defense, and others may be able to replicate his O.

Richmond is not the shooter Girard is so we can stop right there. Seems like JB is finally sacrificing some D for O. I think he ends up playing as much as Goodine did this year tbh.