Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I thought the same thing lol. I do think he can shoot a little bit but as I mentioned in one of my older breakdowns of him, he makes things a lot harder for himself as a shooter than it should be, both on his jumpers and his free throws. I wish someone had gotten to him before these habits were already in place.
That release though hahaha

some decent highlights if u follow the link in the tweet.

He’s a really, really interesting player. How do you stop him, one on one? A guard will be overpowered, a player his size can’t keep up with the moves. He’s a fascinating matchup. Will he stick at PG? Trying to think of a comp. There’s kind of a josh pace thing, where you don’t want him shooting from the outside, and he just wants to work himself into the paint, but KR has much better handles and moves. I guess i need to look at his stats—is his shot really bad? Just ugly or also ineffective?

The more I watch he is kind of like a mix and match of Edelin/MCW/Pace. His outside shot isn't pretty but he looks like he can make enough jumpers when needed but isn't a guy you want putting up 7-8 threes in a game.

He has that hard to guard herky jerky style in the paint but it is under control, he can finish with contact and is very good on the ball and in control. Definitely a fascinating player and somewhat of an enigma as well.

some new new

Noticed that they do not show video regarding any form with respect to his jump shots. It just shows the start (catch and begin) and finish (ball goes into basket), no elevation, no hand placement, no shot).

His release on his shot kind of reminds me of Frank Howard who became a respectable shooter in year 3.

Last edited:
I would not call that a loose handle. If you watch his game he is extremely effective maneuvering and dribbling in traffic. It is a tad high but it's tighter than MCW's was for sure. Also he uses his body well to shield defenders.

Yeah, he's "like" MCW, but clearly MUCH more physical than Mike was, or ever could be.

Yeah, he's "like" MCW, but clearly MUCH more physical than Mike was, or ever could be.

Yep. Also MCW would push the ball out (North South) more when driving where Kadary uses more moves and lateral mobility and handle to beat his man along with physicality.

KR gonna be real good, like right away

and seeing tee posting is like
tenor.gif

Yea I think people are sleeping on Kadary a bit...not sure how he will fit into the picture with the way JB uses his roster and with JG3/Buddy tandem and the addition of Griffin but I really hope JB can find some minutes for him and use his bench. That's a whole other discussion lol...but he can definitely help us and does certain things that none of our current guys are very good at...he could really set up JG3/Buddy with open looks if we let him handle the ball. Only so many players on the floor at once and finding the right balance...good problem to have unlike the past few years.

I haven’t been this excited about a recruit since Battle. I think he surprises from day one. NBA in 3 years.
I am high on him as well. If he had a good looking jumper, he could be one and done. I don’t think his handle is loose as others have mentioned. I think he baits defenders and then blocks with his huge shoulders as he goes by the defender.