Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

he looks really long . . . anyone know his wingspan? looks like he'd be a force in the zone, on the wing but especially at the top

This is one of the best explanations I’ve seen seriously
This may come back to haunt me but Andre Jackson would not have been a 2 Guard at Syracuse. He would have been a SF and maybe played up front on the zone if we had a taller guard. His outside shot needs to improve some degree to be considered an outside threat.

Does not look like he will be a 2 Guard at UConn; at least not right away. He needs to emphasis his strengths which include finishing fast breaks and good defense.

This may come back to haunt me but Andre Jackson would not have been a 2 Guard at Syracuse. He would have been a SF and maybe played up front on the zone if we had a taller guard. His outside shot needs to improve some degree to be considered an outside threat.

Does not look like he will be a 2 Guard at UConn; at least not right away. He needs to emphasis his strengths which include finishing fast breaks and good defense.

UConn likes to play 3 guards. That’s what appealed to him. That’s where they’ll play him. They’re not all that concerned with his lack of shooting touch. They want to pressure opponents and like his size and athletic ability in that role.

A few things:

Hughes is 6-6 and plays the wing. So Jackson was big enough to play there.

However, Jackson wants to play two guard.

But SU doesn’t have any room there.

UConn likes to play three guards

Jackson found a home at UConn.
that we pivoted from andre to a guy who is primarily a 2 kinda blows up your thesis

andre would have swung between the 2 & 3 at syracuse, as will kadary

that we pivoted from andre to a guy who is primarily a 2 kinda blows up your thesis

andre would have swung between the 2 & 3 at syracuse, as will kadary

No. Andre was playing over Buddy and Girard?

I live in Connecticut and have read a number of stories about Andre’s recruitment. He’ll start at UConn. That probably wasn’t happening at SU.

Just wondering, did he visit this weekend? If JB wanted him to visit before committing as you guys say, I would think he would’ve visited this last weekend.

We need to find more size at the 3. Our best teams have 3s who can board and score.

We need to find more size at the 3. Our best teams have 3s who can board and score.

I think this is less about size and more about willingness. Simple fact of the matter is that most of our teams, especially recently, are littered with players that don't care about rebounding. Whether that's coming from the coaches or is about the specific players, it's a problem and I don't think size is the issue.

I think this is less about size and more about willingness. Simple fact of the matter is that most of our teams, especially recently, are littered with players that don't care about rebounding. Whether that's coming from the coaches or is about the specific players, it's a problem and I don't think size is the issue.
I agree but playing the Hughes' of the world at 3 doesn't help. Melo and Wes are two best examples.

I agree but playing the Hughes' of the world at 3 doesn't help. Melo and Wes are two best examples.

Braswell is at least 6-7. That’s a normal height for a 3. But has been said, determination and skill matters more than size.

Guys like Melo (really a college 3/4) Wes (ditto) and even Paul Harris -
are the exceptions of a plus rebounder from the 3 spot

Meanwhile, we’ve had plenty of success with “shorter” guys at the 3:
Stevie is the poster boy, but guys like Dave Johnson, Moten, and more recently Mali were all effective at the 3 without being great rebounders.

There are lots of ways to skin the cat.
Nova had their recent success running what was effectively a 4 guard system, with a versatile 4 as the C.

JB generally tries to get the best players on the floor for the most minutes.
It usually sorts itself out as to who plays where.

is kadary?
From the videos I have seen, Kadary looks very similar to Andre without the jumping ability. Kadary appears to be more offense focus as a penetrator while Andre seems to be more explosive in an open court environment.

No, Kadary does not start over Boeheim and Girard at least not in his freshman year. It remains to be seen how he takes to Syracuse’s offensive and defensive strategies. Kadary from the little I have seen appears to be a matador defender.

From the videos I have seen, Kadary looks very similar to Andre without the jumping ability. Kadary appears to be more offense focus as a penetrator while Andre seems to be more explosive in an open court environment.

No, Kadary does not start over Boeheim and Girard at least not in his freshman year. It remains to be seen how he takes to Syracuse’s offensive and defensive strategies. Kadary from the little I have seen appears to be a matador defender.
he'll be blocked as a freshman, but he'll get chances to be a rotation player by his sophomore year
same would have been true for andre.

He committed then delayed the commitment then no word about a visit (here or anywhere)
I'm sure things are happening behind the scenes.