Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

The way that JB has been glowing of EH...he must be thinking that he is gone after this year...and IMHO I wouldnt think that HW sticks around if he gets little playing time.

:)

1570728764720.jpeg

Last edited:
Figured I'd share some tape on Kadary because not much has been shared on here for people to see. This is pretty recent footage from brewster...kid is legit and definitely has more of a all around game then Andre Jackson (not knocking AJ cuz I loved his game) but if u watch this, Kadary uses his off hand a lot and actually likes to drive left just as much as going right. Good vision with some nice passes. Big kid who can handle the ball too. Kinda starting to feel like if we land him we got lucky with how this all unfolded

Never post but I am really struct by KR's video. AJ reminded me of Stevie Thompson. Amazing lift. Slammed, sprinted down the floor and cleaned up garbage around the rim with the best of them. But ST free throw shooting was scary and I do not believe JB let him take a shot outside of 10 feet. He did not improve his weaknesses over his career. KR is doing a lot of things in these videos. Dribbles and shoots with both hands. Uses the glass. Scores through short, mid-range and longer-range shooting. Seems to have good vision and finds his teamates with passes. Bottom line, give his height with four additional years of growth, training and weight room work, he should be a really solid player who could make the lives of opponents really miserable.

I like that hes a NY City kid too...tough player. Hopefully he wants to stay in NY.

Watching these videos, there is a lot to like. Very confident kid. Excellent athletic ability. Even though he is kind of skinny, he looks pretty physical and tough too. I expect he will fill out nicely as he gets into his college years.
As others have pointed out, it is great watching him finish well using both hands. He is at least capable of finding the open man. The form on his jumper looks good too.

I don't see him playing much SG at Syracuse and certainly not much SF either. His future, if he comes here, is surely at PG.

I would like to see him play a whole game, see how hard he plays defense, his BB IQ, etc. Intangibles are so important, especially in a PG. I get the feeling this kid has a really good feel for the game. If so, let's get him.

All things being equal, I like taking PGs from NYC. That confidence and toughness most kids from the city have is a great foundation to build on. Given that we have 2 PGs from NYC on the staff, it would be nice to have a couple of PGs on the team as well.

My understanding is we don't worry about scholarship availability.

How that works, no clue. But we don't need to worry about it.
Regarding scholarship availability, is Buddy using a schollie or is he not and getting free tuition because JB is a university employee?

Watching these videos, there is a lot to like. Very confident kid. Excellent athletic ability. Even though he is kind of skinny, he looks pretty physical and tough too. I expect he will fill out nicely as he gets into his college years.
As others have pointed out, it is great watching him finish well using both hands. He is at least capable of finding the open man. The form on his jumper looks good too.

I don't see him playing much SG at Syracuse and certainly not much SF either. His future, if he comes here, is surely at PG.

I would like to see him play a whole game, see how hard he plays defense, his BB IQ, etc. Intangibles are so important, especially in a PG. I get the feeling this kid has a really good feel for the game. If so, let's get him.

All things being equal, I like taking PGs from NYC. That confidence and toughness most kids from the city have is a great foundation to build on. Given that we have 2 PGs from NYC on the staff, it would be nice to have a couple of PGs on the team as well.

I definitely think that the raw handle is there [or could be improved sufficiently] for him to potentially be a lead guard, but there's more to it than that. Haven't seen much evidence of his passing instincts.

Might be a combo. Might be a 3 in other systems [which could be a factor, depending on who replaces JB -- and that will almost certainly factor into this kid's tenure, if he comes here].

I wonder if Kadary’s offer is conditional in any way depending on what Isaiah does. I say this because, yes I know players leave early and/or transfer every year, but having 2 players committed without open scholarships would definitely be interesting. Who knows?
Especially for another guard. I would think an early departure is highly unlikely there with Buddy, Carey, Girard and Goodine all having at least two years of eligibility left. I assume this means Buddy may well grow into a 3.

Especially for another guard. I would think an early departure is highly unlikely there with Buddy, Carey, Girard and Goodine all having at least two years of eligibility left. I assume this means Buddy may well grow into a 3.
I know the “buddy will never come off scholarship” is a popular narrative but...

I know the “buddy will never come off scholarship” is a popular narrative but...

No. Marek leaving early is a narrative.

Buddy being on scholarship was discussed by our coach.