Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I know the “buddy will never come off scholarship” is a popular narrative but...
No. Marek leaving early is a narrative.

Buddy being on scholarship was discussed by our coach.
Which, in the future, should be discussed on the main board. ;)

Not directly aimed at either of you. But that is exactly the type of subject that can take recruiting threads down the rabbit hole, and I'm trying to keep this thread directly about Richmond. :)

I see Kadary being a Mike G type. Mike G played the 3 in his first year, the 2 in his second year and the one in his final year.

I definitely think that the raw handle is there [or could be improved sufficiently] for him to potentially be a lead guard, but there's more to it than that. Haven't seen much evidence of his passing instincts.

Might be a combo. Might be a 3 in other systems [which could be a factor, depending on who replaces JB -- and that will almost certainly factor into this kid's tenure, if he comes here].
JB isn’t going anywhere, even after Buddy graduates. Unless he starts facing health issues.

*inserts you have chosen wisely meme*

Maybe he was one of those kids who was hoping for an SU offer and holding out. He had a good offer sheet before no longer being prioritized by UConn. Hope it works out for both parties involved.

Heck yea! The more I've watched of this kid and learned about him (I knew nothing of him before the offer) the more I've liked his game. Great pick up! NYC kid who wanted to play for the ONLY NY college team! :p

I feel like this is a situation where Kadary has always liked cuse. Had some other good offers and has climbed in the rankings this year and never even visited us and commits after a late offer. Would love to hear a interview with him to see if we have been his dream school or something like that because once we offered it seemed like it was a slam dunk.

This kid is gonna explode this year - kudos to Griff for closing this thing in only 2 weeks

For the people who love rankings I think it's interesting that Andre Jackson has now dropped to 99 on 2 4 7 and Richmond is now ranked 100 in the composite and Woody Newton is now 97.

Real nice get by the staff, makes up for the loss of Jackson and adds a dynamic playmaker to the team. Like this pick up a lot.

Figured I'd share some tape on Kadary because not much has been shared on here for people to see. This is pretty recent footage from brewster...kid is legit and definitely has more of a all around game then Andre Jackson (not knocking AJ cuz I loved his game) but if u watch this, Kadary uses his off hand a lot and actually likes to drive left just as much as going right. Good vision with some nice passes. Big kid who can handle the ball too. Kinda starting to feel like if we land him we got lucky with how this all unfolded
Well.
I like it.
The kid has all the shiftiness, timing, moves, what have you... that you need to beat defenders, whether or not those guys in the video were scrubs or not. Pro-type attributes.

I’m not seeing “slow” there. Billy Edelin was “slow.”
And I’m fine with his shot. He knows how to disarm to get it off.