G League to offer $125K to elite prospects as alternative to college 1-and-done route | Syracusefan.com

G League to offer $125K to elite prospects as alternative to college 1-and-done route

Is that effective today? Can guys who are sighed bolt?

Biggest gamble that a lot of kids may not think through.

And on that note...you have to wonder if Addias or the like is one of the ones footing this 125K?

so some will go to the real draft... some will go to duke, Kansas, Kentucky and UNC... and then after all that's filtered... to the G league?

Is that effective today? Can guys who are sighed bolt?

Starts following this season. Anyone who is committed for the Class of 2019 and beyond will definitely be rethinking their plans.

Do you chase a check or do you feast on competition to improve your stock and get a bigger contract?

Last edited:
That’s a huge blow to the college game. Commitments already mean nothing and now the recruits have another avenue to possibly take.

What happens after a year? They are eligible to be drafted by anyone? Why would a G League team spend a year developing a player that they have no long term interest in?

What happens after a year? They are eligible to be drafted by anyone? Why would a G League team spend a year developing a player that they have no long term interest in?
I assume they think that if they have a more attractive product to fans that they will make more money and this would be a worth while venture.

That’s a huge blow to the college game. Commitments already mean nothing and now the recruits have another avenue to possibly take.

I see nothing wrong with giving these kids another choice. If they are 18 or older they get a chance to make some cash and go into a career like a plummer or electrician.

Let the kids go right to the draft and If they don’t get grabbed they can go to college. For that matter let college kids enter and come back if their not drafted. If you only won’t to jump if your a first rounder and you get pick in the 2nd tuff shyt.

I concur with Woj about how this will probably be a bad choice for most high schoolers but I think they'll get a fair amount of participation anyways (though I may be underestimating how much they're paid in college so it might not be that much more money).

College game was fine prior to one and done rule.

Bazely was "elite"... they offered him nothing. What will constitute who's worth what?

College game was fine prior to one and done rule.
That has nothing to do with one and done. Those players just bypass the college game. This Atleast gives you the option to leave after you have committed.

Bazely was "elite"... they offered him nothing. What will constitute who's worth what?

I think Bazley may be one of the reasons this is happening to be honest. He almost certainly would have been offered this money if he had come along one year later.

Now we turn to the top 10-15 recruits that remain unsigned:
James Wiseman
Cole Anthony
Vernon Carey
Isaiah Stewart
Jaden McDaniels
Matthew Hurt
Precious Achiuwa
Trayce Jackson-Davis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members