Class of 2024 - G Madeline Potts (AUS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/30/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Madeline Potts (AUS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/30/23)

She's been liking a bunch of FLJ tweets and our coaches have been liking her posts for the last month. She'll be visiting us next month.
I would take every player that we can get from Australia. They train together from a Young age. Their National teams are always among the best in the world.
Most are good from the 3 point line, which in the modern game is a must.

Madeline,​

You deserve the Cuse Basketball experience!

IMG_2232.png

Her highlight video is nice. Love her shooting form. Perfect and a quick release. Really nice balance. Really well coached. Great fundamentals.

She moves well without the ball and shows an exceptional hoops IQ. And she appears to be a really good athlete too.

Reminds me of Chris Mullin only a lot better looking and right handed.

Excited about her. Welcome to Syracuse Madeline!

Her highlight video is nice. Love her shooting form. Perfect and a quick release. Really nice balance. Really well coached. Great fundamentals.

She moves well without the ball and shows an exceptional hoops IQ. And she appears to be a really good athlete too.

The person in charge of Opal basketball is Laureen Jackson, 3 time MVP of the WNBA.
So you know they teach fundamentals, and sharing the basketball.
Glad FLJ is getting a pipeline to Australia, a lot of talent there.

Very impressive highlight film. Her ability to shoot off the bounce as a 6ft guard is even more impressive. Showed off a nice handle and good vision too. She looks like she could contribute from day 1 with her skillset and size.

Read age Was an early enrollee but do not see her playing until next year.

I think once the fall semester is over they can play. Getting this from past bowl games where players seem to be able to play if the semester is over and they took a red shirt.

She'son the roster page now. I do expect her to play we need the depth at guard with 2 sideline with injury,
I hope we don't waste a year of. eligibility for 3 months of play. We are short quality guard to sub in, we need more of a point guard and ball handler. From her film, she appears to be more of a shooting guard.
But clearly, if she can play...and is ready, then it will be tough not to play her...Another 3 ball shooter ...can only help!!!

Amazing pick up, she could be the best Aussie we've gotten ever.
Have you forgotten Tiana Mangakhia? She would have to be really really really good to be better than T. Tiana, at her best was one of the best players in the country. Look back at some of her highlights, scorer, playmaker, she could do it all.

Here is a full game of Maddy playing in September 23, the final of VC Reserve which is basically a 11v 12 playoff in the State Championships. She has a lot of talent, but her game is pretty limited to catch and shoot and attacking closeouts. She has good range but doesn't have a much of a game off the dribble.