Class of 2024 - G Madeline Potts (AUS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/30/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Madeline Potts (AUS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/30/23)

Here is a full game of Maddy playing in September 23, the final of VC Reserve which is basically a 11v 12 playoff in the State Championships. She has a lot of talent, but her game is pretty limited to catch and shoot and attacking closeouts. She has good range but doesn't have a much of a game off the dribble.

Could you tell me what # she is? It’s difficult too since both teams are wearing such closely colored uniforms. Thank you.

She's No.76 the below link has the scores with all the players names:

These girls really foul quite a bit, lots of reaching etc.I think redshirting is the best decision for her future here this year. Gets to adjust, yet practice with the team while getting acclimated to college abroad.

I just watched a couple of minutes of the film, focusing on her- seemed like pretty low level basketball. I think Maddy and Marilena have a lot of work to do before they can earn any consistent playing time at this level. It is hard not to love these kids when you see their enthusiasm and support on the bench and I am trusting FLJ on this- developmental players with a good upside, maybe?...The roster might be a little imbalanced next year if they can't find a way to squeeze in another productive big. I think someone would have to leave, though, if the two injured guards return as they will be at the scholarship limit with the recruits who have already signed (if I am counting correctly).

For context, this competition runs November to September the following year, the age group cut off is the kids age at Dec 31 of the year the season finishes, so though its u18 these kids were all born in 06 or 07. Maddy was born early 06, I think she might be 18 already so she was probably the oldest player on the court. The opposition team in this game was the second team from their club and was mostly 07 born kids. Neither of these teams were particularly competitive with the top 5 or 6 teams in the State. In Maddy's defense, she was a lot better the previous year when she was playing with mostly 05 born girls and her team was a top 10 team in the State, as she was able to play off ball more. Her scoring was about the same in volume but much higher efficiency. If she has an off-ball role and plays with good quality guards she will probably do pretty well, just don't expect efficient on ball playmaking.

I just watched a couple of minutes of the film, focusing on her- seemed like pretty low level basketball. I think Maddy and Marilena have a lot of work to do before they can earn any consistent playing time at this level. It is hard not to love these kids when you see their enthusiasm and support on the bench and I am trusting FLJ on this- developmental players with a good upside, maybe?...The roster might be a little imbalanced next year if they can't find a way to squeeze in another productive big. I think someone would have to leave, though, if the two injured guards return as they will be at the scholarship limit with the recruits who have already signed (if I am counting correctly).
I have watched al of their games this year and seen some live. Next year's team will need a physical big(at least 6-4), with the good post moves and the ability to score inside. Marilena, at 6-5, will need to get lot stronger to compete in the ACC. We need another big like our freshman, Allisha Latham, who will be really strong by next season. I hope we can find a big in the Portal, that fits the bill!!

I have watched al of their games this year and seen some live. Next year's team will need a physical big(at least 6-4), with the good post moves and the ability to score inside. Marilena, at 6-5, will need to get lot stronger to compete in the ACC. We need another big like our freshman, Allisha Latham, who will be really strong by next season. I hope we can find a big in the Portal, that fits the bill!!
Agree put I do not think we have the scholarships. In fact we may be over with the players staying another year because of injury.

Agree put I do not think we have the scholarships. In fact we may be over with the players staying another year because of injury.
We can always inform the players who are injured, but coming back for a 5th year, that it might be best for them to move on and free up a scholarship.

Found this Global ranking of players,, not sure who does the ranking. Triantafylli was listed as #20 last year.
global.jpg

I only know the Australian players but Betson is not the best Australian prospect in that class, although she is up there. Maddy Potts is very talented but she is nowhere near the 2nd best Australian player or prospect.

Syracuse are sending a coach to Australia in May to attend a combine that is being run by the same group that represent Maddy, so there might be more Australians on the way in coming years. If they publish the names I'll post some stats and highlights if the are available. Most of the Australian kids who want to go to College in the US have Youtube channels.

FLJ needs to get us one of those 6-6 euro Centers. Three of them on the list...and two going to conference foes.