Class of 2024 - G Olivia Schmitt (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/14/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Olivia Schmitt (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/14/23)

OFFERED> OLIVIA SCHMITT 2024 DME ACADEMY DAYTONA BEACH, FL
# 30 GUARD, 5' 6" SCORER - AVERAGED 21.5 PPG AS A SOPHOMORE

BUT, SHE CAN DO IT ALL - " Staten Island Academy Olivia Schmitt (30) scored 28 points, recorded seven steals and five assists against Universal Audenried Charter in a non-league game, held at OJ Buck Gymnasium, Todt Hill. December 4, 2021." (Staten Island Advance/Derek Alvez)

SHE SOUNDS LIKE AN FLJ PLAYER AND CAB RECRIUT - “Not only do I believe DME will be the main contributor to the increase in my physical strength, I know it will lead me towards a stronger mentality in every aspect of my life,” continued Schmitt. “I am heading into DME with the goal that I grow as a leader on and off the court.”

SHE HAS A MATURITY WE CAN BELIEVE LISTENING TO HER FUTURE GOALS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL BENEFIT FROM THE LIFE SKILLS AND ATHLETICISM SHE WOULD BRING TO SU.

Staten Island Academy hoopster Olivia Schmitt will transfer to powerhouse Florida prep school​

Published: Apr. 30, 2022, 12:30 p.m.
spt

Staten Island Academy's Olivia Schmitt will transfer to DME Academy in Florida this fall. (Photo: Hoop Group Girls)

Olivia Schmitt is taking her talents to Daytona Beach. The standout sophomore hoopster is leaving Staten Island Academy and will transfer to DME Academy, a nationally ranked Florida prep school, the Advance has learned.

She’ll make the move this summer ahead of her junior year and will attend on a scholarship.

Her new school boasts loads of amenities and state-of-the-art athletic facilities. The girls’ basketball team is currently ranked No. 1 in the state of Florida, according to MaxPreps, and No. 14 in the nation overall.

One on One, a service that places high schoolers in preparatory schools and colleges, assisted Schmitt’s move.

Schmitt, who recently wrapped up her first high school hoops season, was named to the New York State Sportswriters Association’s Class A Second-Team. The 5-foot-6 point guard averaged 21.5 points per game last season for the Tigers and led them to the NYSAIS/PSAL Class A state title.

She routinely displayed her prowess as a scorer, as well as a facilitator, ball-handler, and potent perimeter shooter. The newest DME addition was named the Advance’s Player of the Week on multiple occasions.

[IMG alt="Staten Island Academy beats St. Joseph Hill 55-47
"]https://www.silive.com/resizer/htGS...ncelocal/FWDKVEGKD5FFJEZR6VY3JG2B3A.jpg[/IMG]
Staten Island Academy Olivia Schmitt (30) hauls down court against St. Joseph Hill Academy in a non-league game, held at OJ Buck Gymnasium, Todt Hill. December 27, 2021. (Staten Island Advance/Derek Alvez)

Schmitt is hopeful to expand her horizons and improve upon her already tremendous talent in Florida -- but she’s thankful for her Staten Island roots, nonetheless.

“As I grew up in Staten Island I was more than blessed with the opportunities I was given to succeed in my basketball journey,” said Schmitt. “I experienced the pleasure of playing alongside a colossal amount of talented girls and was coached by some of the most amazing people in the basketball community.”

“Coming off my first high school season, I am beyond grateful for the success of my team this year and I will forever cherish the family that Staten Island Academy gave me,” she added. “It really was much bigger than basketball. When looking towards my future, it is crucial that I take the next step in furthering my academic and athletic process my junior year.”

She plans to take advantage of the facilities at hand and use them to improve herself as a student-athlete, both on the hardwood and in the classroom. Schmitt hopes to play Division I basketball at the next level.

“DME’s advanced curriculum and intense, competitive atmosphere will prepare me for the highest level of college I have hopes of attending in the future,” she explained.

“Not only do I believe DME will be the main contributor to the increase in my physical strength, I know it will lead me towards a stronger mentality in every aspect of my life,” continued Schmitt. “I am heading into DME with the goal that I grow as a leader on and off the court.”

[IMG alt="Staten Island Academy defeat Universal Audenried Charter 76-49
"]https://www.silive.com/resizer/eX-L...ncelocal/GC2EAFBFVVFC3ARHGGXRGPOARQ.jpg[/IMG]
Staten Island Academy Olivia Schmitt (30) scored 28 points, recorded seven steals and five assists against Universal Audenried Charter in a non-league game, held at OJ Buck Gymnasium, Todt Hill. December 4, 2021. (Staten Island Advance/Derek Alvez)

The dexterous guard knows she’ll have to step her game up against the increased competition, but it’s a challenge she welcomes.

“The level of competition I will be playing at will be a vital part of my development,” she concluded. “I hope to help this team win a championship next year.”

Fn9rE0aWYAA4mRt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom