Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems very logical but with how much we have been missing on our top targets (or at least seems like we are) I think it would be wise on the staffs part to take a guy like Guerrier if he wants to come here. Do we really want another Quade sitauation.
Call him and sign this kid now!!!

Man we better get whitney, staff in tough spot, would assume they think we cant get whitney if quincy signs first.

I really hope we get quincy...he has been all about cuse for a while and it would be a shame if he spurns us for someone else because we dragged our feet with him. Really hope the staff has a good feel for what whitney is going to do :confused:

Man we better get whitney, staff in tough spot, would assume they think we cant get whitney if quincy signs first.
How is the staff in a tough spot?

I don't think they're in a tough spot viz a vis a SG/wing. Hughes will be a junior (eligibility) in '19, and he and Buddy will likely be logging the lion's share of the minutes. Whitney would be a third option at SG and/or SF on occasion, but I can't see how a second '19 wing would find minutes or be a recruiting priority. My guess is that if the staff feels Whitney's a likely commit, they'll focus on our biggest area of need = forward.

Last edited:
How is the staff in a tough spot?
I guess my take is Quincy would probably commit, but the staff has Whitney rated higher and wants to wait on him, we have seen this before and if we wait too long and whitney goes elsewhere Guerrier may not be around, the "tough spot" I alluded to is do you cut bait on Whitney and take Quincy or wait for your top prospect and risk not getting either. I personally don't think their is hope for both. I am partial to the Canadians but man Whitney looks like a game changer.

There's a minimal skill difference if any at all between Whitney and Guerrier. I actually think Guerrier is the better shooter/more skilled player. I'm sure we prefer Whitney because of athleticism/wingspan of course cause that's what we do...

What if we have held off from taking the kid for some reason.
I wish I knew what insane reason the staff had. Sometimes their decisions are bizarre. This kid is a game changer. And with Oshae and possibly Marek gone after next season, we need multiple forwards.

Can’t sign him yet.
Interesting comment bees...something concrete behind that, no need to share if so, just curious or are you just making a statement predicated on in general there is a pecking order and you just think others are higher priority?

Interesting comment bees...something concrete behind that, no need to share if so, just curious or are you just making a statement predicated on in general there is a pecking order and you just think others are higher priority?
Because since he's class of 2019, he can't sign until the early signing period begins - November 14, 2018. If he doesn't sign that week, he can't sign until mid-April 2019

2nd in scoring and 5th in rebounding in ATL...
Really enjoyed watching Q play in person last weekend. He would be such a great fit and would also continue the Canadian pipeline at Cuse...

I wish I knew what insane reason the staff had. Sometimes their decisions are bizarre. This kid is a game changer. And with Oshae and possibly Marek gone after next season, we need multiple forwards.

Where’s Marek possibly going?

Status
Not open for further replies.