Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting we offer this kid Melo’s number? Sorry, but if we ever brought it out of retirement, I’d want to see it offered to a game changing recruit (top 10). I’d love to get this kid, but suggesting to offer him #15 is silly.
No lol im just saying when kids impress me a lot i wish we could have the ace in the hole, you know? Just the extra advantage. Im not saying hes that recruit but his impressive performances just made me think aloud regarding that

Since when is #3 synonymous with Dion??

Are we forgetting someone who helped win us our only title???
You guys are taking a different angle than I intended. I just wish we could advertise the ‘legend’ of melo’s number more

You guys are taking a different angle than I intended. I just wish we could advertise the ‘legend’ of melo’s number more

These kids are 17-18. Unfortunately they would not remember Melo at Syracuse. It's a bigger pull for fans than the players.

Dion isn't a big enough NBA player to attract someone to wear number 3.

We are in the lead, #2 is Arizona b/c of his friend and we do have the additional scholarship for him to join 2nd semester and red-shirt like Diallo

How big of a gap between SU and ASU, do you know?

These kids are 17-18. Unfortunately they would not remember Melo at Syracuse. It's a bigger pull for fans than the players.

Dion isn't a big enough NBA player to attract someone to wear number 3.
I mentioned dion isnt big enough to garner interest, and if you dont think 16-18 year olds envy/worship guys like melo...especially nyc kids then idk what to tell you.

Melo’s still a big deal in NYC and where he grew up. Two big recruiting areas.

How would this redshirt situation work. He enrolls in January and redshirts for the rest of the season and doesn't play? What if he is balling out in practice or we have an injury or are struggling to score again, would he be eligible to burn the shirt and play immediately?

How would this redshirt situation work. He enrolls in January and redshirts for the rest of the season and doesn't play? What if he is balling out in practice or we have an injury or are struggling to score again, would he be eligible to burn the shirt and play immediately?

yes

Does ASU have an open scholarship for him this year? I should know this, I'm in sun devil land

Does ASU have an open scholarship for him this year? I should know this, I'm in sun devil land

Unless they have some sort of scholy reduction that I'm not aware of, they do indeed have and open spot for 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.