Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Quincy Guerrier is a heavily coveted prospect; there is no way around it. He has been heavily followed this week in California by some of the biggest names in the sport. Why? Well, beyond the fact that he is a physical specimen that can shoot to beyond the 3-point line, defend three positions and score in the low post, Guerrier is going to take an unconventional approach to college. “I am going to enroll mid-year after the fall semester for college,” he told . “Who is recruiting me right now is Syracuse, Oregon, NC State, Vanderbilt, Creighton, Illinois, Indiana and a bunch of other schools.”

Guerrier already has a plan in place for the next step towards his college decision. “After the adidas Gauntlet I am going to narrow it down more. I had an unofficial visit to Syracuse last year but I haven’t taken anything recently,” he said. “After this week, I am going to cut down my list and set up my visits.”

Throughout the week here in California, Dana Altman, Jim Boeheim, Dana Altman, Archie Miller and Greg McDermott are just a few of the head coaches that have been spotted closely watching Guerrier.

Look for a few visits to be set by the time August rolls around as one program will enroll a ready-made frontcourt contributor this winter."

I like our chances with Quincy quite a bit. We have the momentum.

Hey good to see you around, Nolan. Hope all is well!

Are you liking our chances based on additional info you’ve heard from north of the border or more of gut based on interviews and recruiting expert recent chatter? Thanks

Seems like this go around we have really made Quincy a top priority. Writing on the wall with whitney. I'm totally ok with not landing KW as long as we land QG! This kids going to be a stud!

Hey good to see you around, Nolan. Hope all is well!

Are you liking our chances based on additional info you’ve heard from north of the border or more of gut based on interviews and recruiting expert recent chatter? Thanks

Everything is great. Thanks for asking. Fired up for this special group we have right now. I was in MTL last week. Chatter was we were in poll position. That said he’s a kid so he’ll likely be up and down like a toilet seat throughout the rest of the process. Whether or not he decides to pull a Hami, enroll and sit out, or decides he’d prefer to come in and play will likely be a big factor. If he decides he wants to play in 2nd semester we don’t really have a path to major minutes. If he decides to sit out until the following season we are in a much better place to land his commitment. Was also hearing Vandy and Simi were working hard.

If QG or any impact HS player plays just the January Semester, can they go pro?

Yeah that’s pretty interesting we have a lot of depth even without him I wonder how much PT he’d get

If QG or any impact HS player plays just the January Semester, can they go pro?
Under the current rules it depends. In Quincy's case, no... he is graduating in December. The rule says you need to be 19 years old and something like the player needs to be at least one year removed from his graduating class to be eligible. Hami Diallo's case was different because he had already graduated HS and was going to do a post grad prep before deciding to enroll at Kentucky (and sit out). He could've entered that draft but decided to do a year of college ball (ended up hurting his stock).

Everything is great. Thanks for asking. Fired up for this special group we have right now. I was in MTL last week. Chatter was we were in poll position. That said he’s a kid so he’ll likely be up and down like a toilet seat throughout the rest of the process. Whether or not he decides to pull a Hami, enroll and sit out, or decides he’d prefer to come in and play will likely be a big factor. If he decides he wants to play in 2nd semester we don’t really have a path to major minutes. If he decides to sit out until the following season we are in a much better place to land his commitment. Was also hearing Vandy and Simi were working hard.

Thanks for the info. I'd imagine a guaranteed path to major minutes in a big conference could be tough to get for anyone in his spot. I know freshmen dominate the college game, but even for those guys they have the whole summer and preseason practice sked as well as all the non-conf games to get acclimated. Even then it usually takes a little bit to adjust to the rigors of a big-time conference.

Even a kid like Brissett, who was huge for us, probably would have played far fewer minutes if we weren't so thin and had so few options as he shot well but struggled to finish inside.

I love QG's game and have no doubt he can play well against the competition at this level, but walking through the door in Jan and walking into 30 mpg a game at a P5 school could be pretty tough.

He’s said he wants to redshirt too so unless plans suddenly change his minutes this year would be irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.