Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness.. there is no indication we have lost these guys. So let's back the bad word up and just chill.

Ok I stand corrected. I thought he was referring to me. In orangefan1's defense, many posters have suggested that we could wind up losing Akok, and possibly Girard to BC. People write in absolutes all the time on this board. Several insiders have made some pretty bold predictions about this class. He should've written he was concerned about losing out on these guys. But truth be told, he's only getting called out for it because what he's saying isn't flattering.
Some people look at a half filled glass and say that it is overflowing.

You look at a half filled glass and say that it is leaking like a sieve and it is the coaching staff’s fault. You are very very negative in your posts.

Wow that's a pretty black and white statement. Maybe you've missed my posts about JB being a better coach than Cal. You must have also missed my post about last season perhaps being JB's best ever. You must have also missed my posts about Oshae being great and underrated. I guess you also missed my post about losing Whitney to Kentucky as not being a big deal because I like Quincy better. You must have also missed my post about JB and the staff's ability to scout. You also missed my post about being optimistic about the upcoming season and that I think we have the potential to make the elite eight or better.

It seems to me that you are missing a lot of positive posts. Maybe it is not I who is negative? Maybe you're a bit like the guy that has the job interview and gets a great one except for one area/opportunity for growth, that only focuses on the one bad thing? Hmmmm...

But truth be told, he's only getting called out for it because what he's saying isn't flattering.

No he's getting called out because he's throwing in the towel and calling the fight before it's over. When a guy narrows his list from 10 to 5 and we're no longer in it, it's over with that recruit. When a guy narrows from 10 to 5 and we're still in it, it's not over because he schedules a visit to one of the other 4 schools among the final 5.

Things are dynamic in recruiting, you can't evaluate the class before we've even reached the early signing period. The objective is for the coaching staff to put a winning team on the floor, usually it requires you to win a few recruiting battles to reach that objective.....but the objective isn't a top 20 recruiting class or to get any specific number of recruits, the objective is a winning team. Let it play out. In JB's 40+ years he's only gotten about 20 McDonald's All Americans ever. Unless you are Duke or Kentucky, you end up having to kiss a lot of frogs.

No he's getting called out because he's throwing in the towel and calling the fight before it's over. When a guy narrows his list from 10 to 5 and we're no longer in it, it's over with that recruit. When a guy narrows from 10 to 5 and we're still in it, it's not over because he schedules a visit to one of the other 4 schools among the final 5.

Things are dynamic in recruiting, you can't evaluate the class before we've even reached the early signing period. The objective is for the coaching staff to put a winning team on the floor, usually it requires you to win a few recruiting battles to reach that objective...but the objective isn't a top 20 recruiting class or to get any specific number of recruits, the objective is a winning team. Let it play out. In JB's 40+ years he's only gotten about 20 McDonald's All Americans ever. Unless you are Duke or Kentucky, you end up having to kiss a lot of frogs.
Ok, fair enough. Did you see that the guy corrected himself, and admitted he should've phrased things differently? That takes balls. That's more than I can say for the majority of people on this board.

In regards to the second part of your statement. I agree that a winning team is the objective. More often than not class and player rankings do overlap/correlate to a successful season. It's ok for guys to rave about players, and make bold predictions that we will get players. That's allowed/cool/acceptable... But if someone posts that they don't think we're going to land someone, it's not ok?

Last edited:
But truth be told, he's only getting called out for it because what he's saying isn't flattering.

Cmon. The poster said we lost a recruiting battle to Oregon because a recruit we are both going after is taking an OV there before taking one to SU. He got called out on it...(called out a little bit, btw)...not because it wasn't flattering to SU, but because it was ridiculous.

If someone said "it's over" and started celebrating a recruiting win over Duke after a prospect we were both going after announced he was simply taking an official visit with us before them, that poster would also be called out for being ridiculous.

Cmon. The poster said we lost a recruiting battle to Oregon because a recruit we are both going after is taking an OV there before taking one to SU. He got called out on it...(called out a little bit, btw)...not because it wasn't flattering to SU, but because it was ridiculous.

If someone said "it's over" and started celebrating a recruiting win over Duke after a prospect we were both going after announced he was simply taking an official visit with us before them, that poster would also be called out for being ridiculous.

If that's what you believe, well... that's what you believe. All I can say is I get called out all the time, even when it's phrased as a question or an opinion because the opinion or the questions I raise isn't liked or appreciated.

Today is a new day.

Last edited:
Does Quincy have any other formal visits set up? I'd like to take the Oregon taste out of his mouth ASAP. Get him seeing orange! This guy is going to be an absolute stud.

I think the question should be - for this post and the other similar SU Dreaming cryptological mystery on the Jackson thread - does Quincy Guerrier love the Blue Horseshoe? (See Gordon Gecko)

I think the question should be - for this post and the other similar SU Dreaming cryptological mystery on the Jackson thread - does Quincy Guerrier love the Blue Horseshoe? (See Gordon Gecko)
That didn't end well for all concerned.

That didn't end well for all concerned.
it was the code phrase in gekko's pump&dump scheme. so is that sudreaming pumping qg up to the board & will pull the rug out at a later date?

Kid is built to be a Cuse wing. Quincy and Akok at the forward spots would be brutal. Throw in Qudus and we have a dominate frontcourt.

Kid is built to be a Cuse wing. Quincy and Akok at the forward spots would be brutal. Throw in Qudus and we have a dominate frontcourt.
i'm imagining a froncourt of aa, q and cobra kai, with goodine and guerrier in the backcourt and jgiii coming off the bench

i'm imagining a froncourt of aa, q and cobra kai, with goodine and guerrier in the backcourt and jgiii coming off the bench

Sounds good to me. You think we’re going after Q to play the 2? He is in the Hughes, Battle mode. Big enough to play the 3, but skilled enough to play SG. JGIII off the bench makes my mouth water.

That might be the biggest (longest) lineup in SU history.

Status
Not open for further replies.