Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm imagining a froncourt of aa, q and cobra kai, with goodine and guerrier in the backcourt and jgiii coming off the bench
Wait... are q and guerrier the same player in what you're imagining?

Wait... are q and guerrier the same player in what you're imagining?
qudus at the 5
in my dream frontcourt, aa plays the 3 and cobra is the 4
although, honestly, I don't think we'd get both kai and q. if we sign two bigs, i'm thinking q & jba

qudus at the 5
in my dream frontcourt, aa plays the 3 and cobra is the 4
although, honestly, I don't think we'd get both kai and q. if we sign two bigs, i'm thinking q & jba
Aaaaahhhhhh...

He reminds me a lot of Raf Addison. Similar leanback, uber relaxed release on his jumper, same overall smoothness.

Raf was a really good outside shooter who could hit the mid range jumper and finish too. He lost a lot of points because his career ended before the 3 point circle rule, and an injury plagued senior season soured his reputation somewhat, but he was a terrific player. As is Quincy.

He reminds me a lot of Raf Addison. Similar leanback, uber relaxed release on his jumper, same overall smoothness.

Raf was a really good outside shooter who could hit the mid range jumper and finish too. He lost a lot of points because his career ended before the 3 point circle rule, and an injury plagued senior season soured his reputation somewhat, but he was a terrific player. As is Quincy.
Great post. Raf was smooth as silk. Besides Kid kole, Sweet D, and Gmac he had such a pure stroke.

I didn’t see Bernard King in his prime, but when I see Guerrier, I think Bernard King.

"GG" knows his stuff !!

I think QG is a combo of Glen Rice & Bernard King if he reaches his potential

For a while Bernie was the best player in the galaxy. Since he was on the Knicks, though, that was not allowed to continue.

"Technically, explosive scoring wing
Quincy Guerrier
of Canada is down to a final 10 that includes Auburn, Creighton, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, South Carolina, Syracuse, Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech.

However, all summer long the names of two schools seemed to come up most often in speculation about who might lead for his services. Those schools were Oregon and Syracuse.
Now, the 6-foot-7 Guerrier has set official visits for both the Ducks (Sept. 7) and the Orange (Sept. 21).
Keep in mind, Guerrier has said that he intends to enroll at semester and then decide whether to play the second half of this season or take a redshirt. Trying to join and play at semester is something that I'm normally not in favor of, but Guerrier is a different case. He's mature enough physically and has the size, athleticism and game to step in and make a difference despite missing out on an offseason of development in a program.
Is he a lock for either Oregon or Syracuse? I can't say that. But I definitely like where those two programs stand at this point."

With that final 10 list of his, as well as how strong SU is going after this guy, if we don't land him...well...

Would he play at Oregon in January? If they don't have depth, I could see him going there to play immediately, instead of likely shirting at SU...

Would he play at Oregon in January? If they don't have depth, I could see him going there to play immediately, instead of likely shirting at SU...

Is he a "likely" redshirt?

We have three forwards currently comprising the rotation -- Guerrier has more size and the requisite offensive skill to be a great system fit. He wouldn't start [barring injury], but he'd probably play if he's so inclined.

I feel like this is one of those recruitments where we have nothing to lose. But it is unusual to see a kid come at mid-year and break into an established team's rotation.

I think they have the same amount of depth right now that we do at the G/F spot. They have a few guys coming back and added Louis King and Will Richardson (who is similarly ranked to QG). If we lose him to Oregon it wont be because of less competition there.

I dont know what approach either school is taking with him but if it were me I'd be telling him it's his decision to make and we are good with whatever he chooses. If he wants to try and crack the line up and use a year of his eligibility then that's on him. If he wants to come in and learn the system and redshirt then awesome! We just want him on our squad!

I was hoping we could wrap this up with Q on 9/21.. and maybe we still will. But for now he has the OV scheduled with the Illini...

like what i am hearing

If you had to guest right now, what do you think will be our 2019 class? I would guess Akok, Goodine, JGIII, Guerrier, Wahab and one other once the dust settles after some players leave early. I won't hold you to what your answer is because as we all know when you are dealing with high school kids things change. But what is your gut telling you? By the way if we were to get a class like this, it would be one hell of a haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.