Ga Tech Game Thread...

Chip

Living Legend
Anyone know why we don’t play GT in football next year? Seems like it should be their turn. We’ve played everybody in that division since we last played them.
Has to alternate to @Duke first, then GT. All the others will be the same way. Can't play GT home with Pitt home. 6 teams, permanent crossover dilemma.

MGDCuse

Scout Team
An honest question for you or anyone else. Does Boehiem encourage his players to shoot that many 3's, or does it just hinge on how the game evolves. For the life of me, I can't understand why they shoot so many when they're not good at it.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
I'm not saying we had a great year because we made the sweet 16... I'm saying these guys balled out and played much better last year. College kids usually get better year over year... ours seem to have gotten worse. It's like they all got "old" in the offseason and are about to ride off into retirement. Battle, OB, Pascal, Howard, Marek have all gotten worse and its not even close.
I know what you're saying. But, you characterized us as "a sweet 16 team," as if that really represented the quality of our play. If we do scrape our way into the field again, we might make the sweet 16 again, but that still won't mean we weren't crappy-to-average the rest of the year.

I agree with you, though—progression has been nil. And we're allegedly healthier.

I'm going to be happy when JB leaves. Not because of the first 30 years but because the last few are the warning signs of the next few.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Carey was 0-2 with 4 turnovers and ZERO positive stats. Good grief. How many SWC “net points” is that? Like -30?

Not to look to the next game... but if I'm JB I bench Brissett and Howard and slide Sidibe and Carey into the starting lineup. We need to start building an inside game and not get off to such slow starts. Carey can push tempo from the beginning.

That's all I got. I mean at some point we should start playing for next season and developing Carey.
Just curious... what gives you confidence that Sidibe has anything to give? He was a zero tonight (and hasn’t been much better the rest of this season, honestly).

OrangeFoo

All Conference
I know what you're saying. But, you characterized us as "a sweet 16 team," as if that really represented the quality of our play. If we do scrape our way into the field again, we might make the sweet 16 again, but that still won't mean we weren't crappy-to-average the rest of the year.

I agree with you, though—progression has been nil. And we're allegedly healthier.

I'm going to be happy when JB leaves. Not because of the first 30 years but because the last few are the warning signs of the next few.
Hate to say it but I agree... at this point it's going to be a long downhill slide with a few peaks here and there. Not looking forward to it. My only hope is that it doesn't take 15 years to get back to relevance.

OrangeFoo

All Conference
Just curious... what gives you confidence that Sidibe has anything to give? He was a zero tonight (and hasn’t been much better the rest of this season, honestly).
He's never been given a fair opportunity... and he's shown glimpses. A big part of playing well is feeling comfortable by actually getting the ball consistently, if you only get the ball 2x a game you are going to feel pressured to do something great which leads to mistakes. There is talent in Sidibe... besides the best use for the rest of this season is to see what we got in Sidibe, Carey, Buddy for next season,

OrangeDW

Living Legend
The line of thinking was seriously that Battle and Brissett were gone to the NBA clearing the way for new non superstar recruit freshmen to start and get “touches” and shots right away. LMAO. So delusional. What a joke.

Top Bottom