Ga Tech is the game | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech is the game

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I think PITT beats us in typical ugly PITT fashion, but week 3 against Ga Tech is going to be telling. Total schematic rebuild in year 2 vs our rebuild in year 5. Game 3 should mean kinks in personnel and scheme should be worked out. Where are we in this process should be evident after that game.

Dino’s played Narduzzi every year of his coaching here.

Pitt is our rival.

Pitt typically dominates us in recruiting.

Dino knows what he’s facing and needs to show we can put together an effective game plan.

We should never accept just the continual loop of tripping up and having ugly games vs Pitt.

We really really needed a soft OOC schedule to start this season

Yes. They could have made a bowl with a 3-1/4-0 OOC schedule. There is no room for error in the ACC. It is an underrated conference because Clemson is the top dog, but there are many good teams in it.

We need to suck it up and stop making excuses. The rest of the ACC is doing the same thing and had to adjust with less than a month's notice.

I'm sick and tired of 2 straight years of our Zoolander QB who can only scramble right and an OL made up of misfit toys.

We're playing G5 ball in a P5 conference.

We need to suck it up and stop making excuses. The rest of the ACC is doing the same thing and had to adjust with less than a month's notice.

I'm sick and tired of 2 straight years of our Zoolander QB who can only scramble right and an OL made up of misfit toys.

Criticism is fair, but when you start getting personal (attacking his looks and how he carries himself), that's where posters begin to cross the line.

Unmentioned major factor. Always stings when your place the directional Michigan school with Mack Brown and UNC

I mean I do not see why the defense won't play well and give Pitt and GT trouble. We are 0-1 not 0-3 and they were excellent against a top offense. That UNC team could hang a bunch of points on most of the SEC they had legit talent. Kenny Pickett isn't that good.

I think the next 4 games are somewhat ideal. If we aren't 0-3 I see us winning the next 2 and bringing a good record into Clemson.

I wasn’t sure UNC was worthy of the hype. But their O is legit. They had better skill position guys at every spot on O. And our D hung with them and then some.

Not every team on our schedule will have that advantage. Our O absolutely needs to get on track to win games. I was encouraged by Queeley, Harris - and we know Jordan is a player. OL needs to get better and Tommy has to get more aggressive. I’d rather see him try to fit in a pass on 3rd and 5 then throw it out of bounds or take a sack.

I wasn’t sure UNC was worthy of the hype. But their O is legit. They had better skill position guys at every spot on O. And our D hung with them and then some.

Not every team on our schedule will have that advantage. Our O absolutely needs to get on track to win games. I was encouraged by Queeley, Harris - and we know Jordan is a player. OL needs to get better and Tommy has to get more aggressive. I’d rather see him try to fit in a pass on 3rd and 5 then throw it out of bounds or take a sack.
How about a hand off on 3rd and 13 from inside the 15?

Dino’s played Narduzzi every year of his coaching here.

Pitt is our rival.

Pitt typically dominates us in recruiting.

Dino knows what he’s facing and needs to show we can put together an effective game plan.

We should never accept just the continual loop of tripping up and having ugly games vs Pitt.
Rival? Haven’t they beaten us 9 of last 10 years? Probably getting close to 18 of last 20 seasons. We sound like Pitt when we say Pedo State is our rival. Embarrassing.

Rival? Haven’t they beaten us 9 of last 10 years? Probably getting close to 18 of last 20 seasons. We sound like Pitt when we say Pedo State is our rival. Embarrassing.
The rivalry’s had periods of one team dominating the other, pitt leads 40-32 I believe. They are our historical rivals. Our recruiting rivals, with BC and WVU. Yes we’ve been bad since 2000 against them, but it doesn’t change the fact that they’re regional rivals.

I made no excuse for how the team played yesterday, offense was awful. Was just saying we really could have used those games with new OC and DC.

I made no excuse for how the team played yesterday, offense was awful. Was just saying we really could have used those games with new OC and DC.

Don’t fall for his framing.

I think it’s weird to yell “no excuses” - it provides no context. For example, if before the game you’d say something like “look, we’re probably going to need some luck, they are really good on O, we have a new DC, no spring ball, and we’re starting our FB at guard” BUT after the game “no excuses” then you’re full of it and prob just grumpy because losing sucks.

I didn’t see anything on offense yesterday that gives me any hope of a positve season. I saw a lot of good things on defense, but the offensive was very offensive. You still have to score points to win. This team will have a problem scoring twenty points in a game.

Dino doubled down on this type of system when he hired Sterling. Now, let’s see what it yields.

Initial outlook doesn’t look good, but this is an exhibition season to get better. Need to see it.

Tech looks improved but Florida State looks all the part of Taggart's tenure. Take from that what you will.
Florida St clearly still has team dissension. It likely will ruin the season. Norvell may have to run off a dozen or so players before Spring to get the team attitude right to save the 2021 season.

That said, GT looks ready to roll. The team seems be on one page, and it has adjusted to the post-Paul Johnson era. Now I'm glad UNC misses GT this year.

15-5 Pitt in last 20 games. If we're being honest...Pitt dominates. Sorry. 4 of the 5 wins were one possession (two won in double ot).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom