Gadsden and Darton | Syracusefan.com

Gadsden and Darton

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Gadsden 6 for 112 and two TDs. Awesome.

Darton 8 tackles is ridiculous for a NT and he started the 2nd half. Amazing story for this kid. Looks like the new starter.

Team stat of 306 total yards is pretty bad but still scored 25 points. 65 plays and 3-13 3rd down. Not a good day statistically. Purdue had a pretty good D and game plan.

Last edited:
Gadsden 6 for 112 and two TDs. Awesome.

Darton 8 tackles is ridiculous for a NT and he started the 2nd half. Amazing story for this kid. Looks like the new starter.

Team stat of 306 total yards is pretty bad but still scored 25 points. 65 plays and 3-13 3rd down. Not a good day statistically. Purdue had a pretty good D and game plan.

Not a good day statistically, I agree. But they sure made a lot of big plays when they had to. That was an important win.

Gadsden seems to have it all.

Big target, good hands, good speed, can run after the catch, and has the smooth coordination to make tough plays.
He's a smooth operator. Smooth operator.

Agreed. Gadsden is proving to be a very viable option early in his career. Huge day for him! Love it.

And big props to Darton for losing serious weight and transforming his body and becoming more explosive. I had concerns he may have lost too much as I though there may be a time we needed some more beef as an option but he is proving that idea to be false.

I want to hear more about Darton's story. Came out of nowhere as this undersized walk on in a year that we really struggled early to stop the run.

Now he's on scholarship, and made some legit huge plays today. Looks like one of those hard work pays off kind of players.

I want to hear more about Darton's story. Came out of nowhere as this undersized walk on in a year that we really struggled early to stop the run.

Now he's on scholarship, and made some legit huge plays today. Looks like one of those hard work pays off kind of players.
He’ll be 23 in November.

Darton if I remember correctly had really impressive film, Rhino like and was just dominating kids. But due to his size/measurables he didn’t necessarily logically project anywhere probably for most schools. He’s just a good football player and that showed on his HS film.

He totally reminds me of the undersized DL at Wake a few years back though. Great find by us and our gain for sure.

Someone needs to photoshop his face onto a Gadsden Flag.

Darton if I remember correctly had really impressive film, Rhino like and was just dominating kids. But due to his size/measurables he didn’t necessarily logically project anywhere probably for most schools. He’s just a good football player and that showed on his HS film.

He totally reminds me of the undersized DL at Wake a few years back though. Great find by us and our gain for sure.

Nakita Whitlock?

As I recall, he was all state in Massachusetts his senior year. Problem is, he's 5-11 -- so very undersized for a D1 DT. But he was really athletic. I think in one of his film clips, he did a standing back flip -- pretty impressive for a 275 pound guy.

So, a good gamble as a PWO. And one who has paid off. He was a platoon contributor last year and earned his scholarship, and he's elevated his play this season.

As I recall, he was all state in Massachusetts his senior year. Problem is, he's 5-11 -- so very undersized for a D1 DT. But he was really athletic. I think in one of his film clips, he did a standing back flip -- pretty impressive for a 275 pound guy.

So, a good gamble as a PWO. And one who has paid off. He was a platoon contributor last year and earned his scholarship, and he's elevated his play this season.
Did he? I remember Bear did a back flip right? But maybe Darton did as well.

I wonder how much he'll be offered when the transfer window opens up?
Think this is already in consideration with the powers that be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom