Gait Lacrosse Official Equipment Supplier for SU | Syracusefan.com

Gait Lacrosse Official Equipment Supplier for SU

I know Gary isn't involved but still seems weird!

200w.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully this was done above board and transparently - may the best bid win.

If not, this will not end well for Syracuse. KIM Gait Lacrosse is rumored to have recently done some bad business with one of their overseas suppliers.

It’s a private institution. Everything’s free from Gait, right? He’s an alum. I don’t get the “above board” conjecture?

It’s a private institution. Everything’s free from Gait, right? He’s an alum. I don’t get the “above board” conjecture?
"Everything's free"? I don't think so... I don't know of any equipment deals that involve all your gear from the company for free, but maybe things have changed or Gait is able to do this. Syracuse, Albany, and Yale are the only 3 D1 Men's programs using Gait Lacrosse. I would think that they can't afford to just give away their gear to these teams.

"Everything's free"? I don't think so... I don't know of any equipment deals that involve all your gear from the company for free, but maybe things have changed or Gait is able to do this. Syracuse, Albany, and Yale are the only 3 D1 Men's programs using Gait Lacrosse. I would think that they can't afford to just give away their gear to these teams.

It’s a sponsorship, right? I’ve been under the impression Nike, Adidas, etc. provide the goods and get exposure in return. These products are made for a fraction of what they wholesale for, let alone retail.

Someone told me about this deal last winter when Spallina signed on. I’ll see if he has any insight on how it’s arranged.

Last edited:
It’s a sponsorship, right? I’ve been under the impression Nike, Adidas, etc. provide the goods and get exposure in return. These products are made for a fraction of what they wholesale for, let alone retail.

Someone told me about this deal last winter when Spallina signed on. I’ll see if he has any insight on how it’s arranged.
I had thought these agreements were more like a partnership where the company and the school create a contract outlining the deal with how much of a discount the program will get, turnaround time for orders, number of gloves, pad, shafts, heads, etc. If these deals are sponsorships and they all just give the equipment to the programs, then it should be fine to pick whatever company you think makes the best gear.

I don't believe the gear is free. They probably have a certain discount or lump sum they can apply to uni's, gear, etc. Different situation as non-revenue football schools but the NEC schools who now will play in the MAAC had to buy all new uni's that don't say NEC on them. This reduces their swag budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom