Gale Thorpe transferring to Ohio State | Syracusefan.com

Gale Thorpe transferring to Ohio State

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Former Syracuse attackman Gale Thorpe is in the process of transferring to Ohio State, sources have told Inside Lacrosse. The lefty looks to have two years of eligibility remaining after missing the 2017 season due to a knee injury sustained in January. As a redshirt freshman in 2016, he put up two goals and an assist in seven games for the Orange. Thorpe has a knack for jaw-dropping goals, and will look to compete with returning talent like Lukas Buckley in the battle to replace Eric Fannell, a transfer who, like Thorpe, came to Columbus with two years of eligibility and a tough injury history.

Transfers: Thorpe to Ohio State, Beecham to Cornell, Storrs to Marquette, More

Former Syracuse attackman Gale Thorpe is in the process of transferring to Ohio State, sources have told Inside Lacrosse. The lefty looks to have two years of eligibility remaining after missing the 2017 season due to a knee injury sustained in January. As a redshirt freshman in 2016, he put up two goals and an assist in seven games for the Orange. Thorpe has a knack for jaw-dropping goals, and will look to compete with returning talent like Lukas Buckley in the battle to replace Eric Fannell, a transfer who, like Thorpe, came to Columbus with two years of eligibility and a tough injury history.

Transfers: Thorpe to Ohio State, Beecham to Cornell, Storrs to Marquette, More

Not surprising unfortunately. I was pretty high on Thorpe coming in and I think he would have made an impact had he not blown out his knee at the begging of camp this year. That said his skill set on this current team is kind of redundant as he is not a dodger and more of a crease guy/finisher. SU has that in Voigt and Solomon and now Lauder who is coming in. Certainly wish him the best and much like McGinley will wonder what could have been.

Sucks. I was really looking forward to him getting healthy.

:(

Sucks. I was really looking forward to him getting healthy.

:(

Me to, thought he would have been a lock for the man up team this year. Unfortunately he got caught in a numbers game and with most of the attack coming back being young and more on the way I think he saw the writing on the wall. To bad I think he could have a had a heck of a career here, that injury really changed the trajectory. Will be interesting to see if the Wisnaukas rumors come to pass.

Dissapointing. Injuries crimp but he can get back to good form in time. Wish him well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom