Game 1 take | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 take

kcsu

Living Legend
This was a solid performance by all units. To go into Ohio and dominate them in all aspects of the game is very encouraging.
Tommy played well. He made good decisions and I thought that his pocket awareness was improved. This is a performance he can build on.
Tucker is special. Great vision power and speed. Best RB stable in probably 30 years. I would say best in the ACC. We are loaded.
Wrs looked better. Routes seemed crisp and their blocking was adequate. Plain Jane O so not much to grade them on. Tommy missed Taj on the corner route and Taj missed the deep ball. Actually think the lights might have been a factor on that one. Hard to grade them but they did well against a good secondary.
Oline was excellent. Game ball to Coach S. What a difference a good coach can make. Are guys were organized, disciplined, physical and in shape. Best opening OL performance in a very long time. Hats off to the coach he's the real deal.

On D the secondary and LBS were solid. Our Frosh is special. Might be as good as if not better than the 3 NFL kids from last year. He glides on the field. Second game ball to coach M. He can identify talent, recruit with the best of them and obviously coach. Guy is our best assistant hands down.
The only weakness I saw on D is at DT. We are weak and thin at this position and it's the one area that Dino didn't adequately address and I believe it is going to cost us when we get into league play.
Special teams were crisp. Coverage was excellent and the kids as stayed in their lanes and were disciplined. The snaps, holds, and line play were all tight. Very impressive performance as they looked to be in mid season form.

As a recap I thought that the team was well organized disciplined and focused. I believe we have significantly upgraded our WR and OL coaching positions.

If we can somehow hold down the DL position we will go bowling.

Great win. Great performance by all units and an excellent job by the staff. We looked like a D1 ACC football team. We obviously have a very long way to go but I'm encouraged.
Go Orange!

This was a solid performance by all units. To go into Ohio and dominate them in all aspects of the game is very encouraging.
Tommy played well. He made good decisions and I thought that his pocket awareness was improved. This is a performance he can build on.
Tucker is special. Great vision power and speed. Best RB stable in probably 30 years. I would say best in the ACC. We are loaded.
Wrs looked better. Routes seemed crisp and their blocking was adequate. Plain Jane O so not much to grade them on. Tommy missed Taj on the corner route and Taj missed the deep ball. Actually think the lights might have been a factor on that one. Hard to grade them but they did well against a good secondary.
Oline was excellent. Game ball to Coach S. What a difference a good coach can make. Are guys were organized, disciplined, physical and in shape. Best opening OL performance in a very long time. Hats off to the coach he's the real deal.

On D the secondary and LBS were solid. Our Frosh is special. Might be as good as if not better than the 3 NFL kids from last year. He glides on the field. Second game ball to coach M. He can identify talent, recruit with the best of them and obviously coach. Guy is our best assistant hands down.
The only weakness I saw on D is at DT. We are weak and thin at this position and it's the one area that Dino didn't adequately address and I believe it is going to cost us when we get into league play.
Special teams were crisp. Coverage was excellent and the kids as stayed in their lanes and were disciplined. The snaps, holds, and line play were all tight. Very impressive performance as they looked to be in mid season form.

As a recap I thought that the team was well organized disciplined and focused. I believe we have significantly upgraded our WR and OL coaching positions.

If we can somehow hold down the DL position we will go bowling.

Great win. Great performance by all units and an excellent job by the staff. We looked like a D1 ACC football team. We obviously have a very long way to go but I'm encouraged.
Go Orange!
Good post. However, regarding DT, McKinley Williams didn’t play and the staff brought in 4 DTs last cycle. I think they have made a good effort to address and that interior unit is coming along but one of those areas that should progress as year goes on. Need experience behind Williams and Black. I think they will be okay if they can get Williams back and stay healthy.

Good post. However, regarding DT, McKinley Williams didn’t play and the staff brought in 4 DTs last cycle. I think they have made a good effort to address and that interior unit is coming along but one of those areas that should progress as year goes on. Need experience behind Williams and Black. I think they will be okay if they can get Williams back and stay healthy.
Thank you. I hope that Williams can play against Rutgers as he is considerably better than the guys behind him. Also the 335 is such a good D for SU as we are always going to have a tough time recruiting DL talent.

best thing about the new RS rule is that you can try to find a spot to play the Fr 4 time and not blow the RS. As the season goes deaper and guys get dinged the young kids get more and more prepared for some spot duty.

Agree with there being a problem with numbers at DT but no mention above at all about Harper and he played well yesterday. Did a nice job bottling up interior of the line for others to tackle their workhorse before he got going.

Agree with there being a problem with numbers at DT but no mention above at all about Harper and he played well yesterday. Did a nice job bottling up interior of the line for others to tackle their workhorse before he got going.

Agreed on Haper.

But still wish we'd brought in a portal transfer NT last offseason. Seems like the one thing this otherwise loaded D might be missing -- a run plugging fire hydrant who can occupy a double team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom