Game 4 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Holy Cross | Syracusefan.com

Game 4 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Holy Cross

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DepthHC.jpg

More sorting of roles in the defensive backfield - this time I think they have it right. Love the switch of Barron to LB and Grant to star. Barron's big enough to bring the wood at LB. He likes to play downhill and he's fast enough to handle coverage. Grant to star could be the final puzzle piece we need. He's rangy and big enough to cover TE's and RB's - the switcheroo is a better fit for both players' skill sets and should improve the defensive back end.

No Haynes, again? Unfortunate. The good news is that Hatch, Meeks and Gill will get the game reps they need to wring out timing/route issues. And it'll be great to see JRS and Ross get some snaps - they have a lot to offer.

Last edited:
Zeed is off the depth chart entirely?

EDIT: Just read the press conference comment that he's still dealing with a family issue. But surprised they took him off. Our depth charts aren't always accurate.

Question. Which players on the depth chart that are listed as seniors have another year.
Does Johnson have another year at QB

Barron to LB and Delaine off injury to #2 CB

Have to figure we’re 2 weeks away from Justus being the starter.

Question. Which players on the depth chart that are listed as seniors have another year.
Does Johnson have another year at QB

If only there was a chart for this...

If only there was a chart for this...

Thank you for this but the reason i asked is that this chart doesnt match up with the universities official roster on Cuse. com. As an example they show QB Johnson as a RS Senior.

Thank you for this but the reason i asked is that this chart doesnt match up with the universities official roster on Cuse. com. As an example they show QB Johnson as a RS Senior.

I must have read someplace that he got a 6th year.

He redshirted in 2019, and had a season ending injury in 2022.

I had him listed as "2 to play 2" when he came here.

Agree, I think one of the reasons he came here is the chance to fight for a starting position next year.

I would trust OX over the kids that try and maintain the Cuse.com roster.

“We needed backup quarterback depth,” Johnson Sr. said. “It was a good situation here. “We knew Kyle was going to be the starter, but he had the opportunity to compete. When you have two years left, you are just looking for an opportunity and somewhere you’re going to get a fair shot.

Syracuse football has added another transfer quarterback to its roster for the 2024 season. Florida Atlantic transfer Michael Johnson Jr. has committed to the Orange. He will be coming in as an athlete who can play a variety of positions, including quarterback. Johnson Jr. is the son of Syracuse co-offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Michael Johnson and spent the last three seasons at Florida Atlantic. Johnson appeared in 10 games last season, throwing one pass while rushing for 140 yards and seven scores. He is listed at 6-3, 210 pounds and has two years of eligibility remaining.

“We needed backup quarterback depth,” Johnson Sr. said. “It was a good situation here. “We knew Kyle was going to be the starter, but he had the opportunity to compete. When you have two years left, you are just looking for an opportunity and somewhere you’re going to get a fair shot.

Syracuse football has added another transfer quarterback to its roster for the 2024 season. Florida Atlantic transfer Michael Johnson Jr. has committed to the Orange. He will be coming in as an athlete who can play a variety of positions, including quarterback. Johnson Jr. is the son of Syracuse co-offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Michael Johnson and spent the last three seasons at Florida Atlantic. Johnson appeared in 10 games last season, throwing one pass while rushing for 140 yards and seven scores. He is listed at 6-3, 210 pounds and has two years of eligibility remaining.
Thanks Guys. It's good to know he will be back next year.

I think they’re banking on a seventh year since this is already year 6. One is COVID so it’s essentially free. One is a redshirt. 2022 would have to get a medical waiver.

Which would be the pre-COVID equivalent of a kid getting a sixth, so not as crazy as it sounds.

Thanks Guys. It's good to know he will be back next year.
Agreed. With the little experience we will have in the QB room I still think there is a good chance we bring in a transfer QB. Unless they are SUPER high on Jakhari being ready as a redshirt Frosh I don't see how they don't. I feel like Michael Johnson is more of a depth piece or package guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom