Game Ball - Coach Stanard | Syracusefan.com

Game Ball - Coach Stanard

Well it doesn’t hurt when you get a guy back like Bear absorbing 2 blockers but I agree with you the unit played with some energy today.

Well it doesn’t hurt when you get a guy back like Bear absorbing 2 blockers but I agree with you the unit played with some energy today.

I'm with you. So good to get our only ACC caliber DT back. Could see his presence both in the pressure he got and the increased activity from the ends.

To quote the famous poet Eminem, “What ever happened to catching a good old fashioned passionate ass whooping and gettin’ your shoes, coat, and your hat tooken?” What a great defensive performance.

Bear is a gift, he very clearly changes the dynamic of the line.

But this was definitely over and above just that. I was curious to see what the response would be from the D and they responded.

I believe he has DC experience @ Wyoming. Not positive though.

Edit: Yup. Not just Wyoming, but 20 years exp. as a Defensive Coordinator.

gowyo.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/steve-stanard/54

I totally feel we moved the los back on every play. Still need to get the 1 tech to move up a bit. He is a whole yard off ball and I don’t get why but the whole dline effort was fantastic. I actually saw us throw more violent hands today too. It was beautiful. Been praying for this for four years.

The bio on Stanard is that he played at Nebraska for Tom Osborne. He has been a DC at Tulane and Wyoming, both of which were in very down periods, so his work there should be graded on a curve. He's a old hand and this could be where he gets the tools to make his mark.

I totally feel we moved the los back on every play. Still need to get the 1 tech to move up a bit. He is a whole yard off ball and I don’t get why but the whole dline effort was fantastic. I actually saw us throw more violent hands today too. It was beautiful. Been praying for this for four years.
I see the same and I don't know why. Also their stance is different. Not as staggered which doesn't allow a explosive get off. Overall our punch and physicality was much improved mainly because of Bear.

I see the same and I don't know why. Also their stance is different. Not as staggered which doesn't allow a explosive get off. Overall our punch and physicality was much improved mainly because of Bear.
Yeah but I saw it with the frosh Zumba and 52 too. That whole 1 tech balled up stance thing is weird as hell and I don’t think like u said it enables him to really let go at that spot. Feels like I’m coaching hs again as I’m screaming move up to the ball move up and all my friends at the bar think I’m a nut job. Well they know I am but don’t like when I prove it lol.

Congratulations to Coach Stanard and the Syracuse University Defense. Great effort yesterday against the type of quarterback and offense that has given Syracuse defenses lots of problems in recent years. This week at Louisville will be another big test. As Coach Babers said regarding yesterdays defensive effort, Coach Stanard and his players did a great job in painting the back round, this week against Louisville, they will have to begin to start painting the fine details on the portrait. Here's to hoping they stay dialed in and continue to paint a beautiful picture by seasons end. Go Orange!!!!!!

Good job by coach but we should not overreact. The game plan was very basic. They gap coverage and zones were simplified. This needed to happen. I think we will have a better idea if there is improvement after the Louisville game. Satterfield is a very good offensive coach who will have tape to look at.

I hate zone defenses. Sitting back and letting things happen is no way to run a defense.

I saw more attacking yesterday than I've seen in a while. It was a thing of beauty.

How much of that was a philosophical change vs the circumstances (Duke QBs and wind)?

There was a moment in the game when they showed Stanard coaching up his players while they were sitting on the sideline. I wondered did you guys ever see that with Ward?
I don’t remember that ever happening.

I thought it was great when he changed up the formation with 3 DL left of center and pulled two LBs up to the right and Cutliff called TO
Yes that was awesome. I also like sliding Foster Into the box and the nickel over to safety. The formation ended up looking like a 4-3 with Foster as the linebacker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom