Game of A Thrones Season 5 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Game of A Thrones Season 5

No. No, it's not garbage. You haven't been following anything, show or book given (a) you're invested in only one (of 2) characters of the 3 remaining that are truly of consequence; (2) of 2 characters left that make the show interesting only one has been killed; and (d) there are three (3) heads of the dragon of whom only one of three (1/3) is actually dead...

... (4) now.
The numbering/lettering confused me here as to your overall point (so apologies if this repeats that in some way. The thing that strikes me as odd about Jon is why for five years did we have all the buildup around his ancestry and "who he was" only to have him caesared with none of that revealed? It makes no dramatic sense. Everything written on the paper should have a purpose.

I get all that and I know Snow is stabbed in the same fashion in A Dance With Dragons but the show is a bit whacky right now.

Still you have to have a hero and Danny is not a hero. You can't just write in a new character in Season 6 and have them be the hero either. As unorthodox as Martin is (which makes the story good), he's drawn a lot of his story telling from Tolkien and Tolkien had hereos. You have to have a 'good strong' hero to have a good story. People dont want a story where all the good guys die and the bad guys triumph.
It's the Breaking Bad model...the Sopranos too

It's the Breaking Bad model...the Sopranos too

They all made sense though, same with Sons of Anarchy. At the end of the day he was a drug dealer and they were the mob. Of course it's not going to end well for them.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
I get all that and I know Snow is stabbed in the same fashion in A Dance With Dragons but the show is a bit whacky right now.

Still you have to have a hero and Danny is not a hero. You can't just write in a new character in Season 6 and have them be the hero either. As unorthodox as Martin is (which makes the story good), he's drawn a lot of his story telling from Tolkien and Tolkien had hereos. You have to have a 'good strong' hero to have a good story. People dont want a story where all the good guys die and the bad guys triumph.

Tyrion, Dany and Jon Snow are pretty clearly the main heroes. I know people don't like Dany's storyline, but not sure how she's not a hero.

Melisandre was there. There's no way Jon is dead for good.

People are invested in Jaime, Brienne, Bran, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Jorah, etc. there are a lot of characters that people care about. It isn't just Dany and John.

No. No, it's not garbage. You haven't been following anything, show or book given (a) you're invested in only one (of 2) characters of the 3 remaining that are truly of consequence; (2) of 2 characters left that make the show interesting only one has been killed; and (d) there are three (3) heads of the dragon of whom only one of three (1/3) is actually dead...

... (4) now.
Don't forget about "Sam". His story was launched into an unknown direction. Sam is also the name of my grandson. SA handsome little boy you will ever see.I don't think that big Sam will have anything to do with the demise of John Snow There is one character that has some success in bringing back the dead. Now THAT would come out of the blue I might be able to write a combo pairing of the chief white walker AND SAM who is training to be a Maester and has dragon glass unless he gave them all to Jon. In short the speculation of how they do this will probably set HBO viewer records. I'm pretty sure Terry doesn't have any connection to the show but if he does and I find out I will lead with SPOILER ALERT.

The numbering/lettering confused me here as to your overall point (so apologies if this repeats that in some way. The thing that strikes me as odd about Jon is why for five years did we have all the buildup around his ancestry and "who he was" only to have him caesared with none of that revealed? It makes no dramatic sense. Everything written on the paper should have a purpose.
Numbering was intentional - there is an alphanumerical ASOIAF spoiler (arguably a theory, but the evidence is quite strong) in there if you can puzzle it out.

The White Walkers are the heroes, they've seen enough of humanity in the world. #teamwhitewalker

MCC said:
Numbering was intentional - there is an alphanumerical ASOIAF spoiler (arguably a theory, but the evidence is quite strong) in there if you can puzzle it out.
My brain is toast I guess. Aegon?

Season 6 casting news (vague descriptions of roles being offered, not actors named). Some are vague but others are pretty obvious. Especially one that indicates a certain important flashback may be happening, and others that portend a return to the Riverlands and the North remembering after all.

http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Did I or someone else post the earlier news of them casting for the uncle to a certain couple characters, and the family of another?

MCC said:
Nah - Tattered Prince actually. Let me... just... retreat to my basement Nerd Lair...
ummm yeah. There's just too much to this story. I did wonder who that random dude was.