Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

CuseCPT

All Conference
I picked up the season 5 bluray set after catching a few random episodes on HBO, burning through it to get ready. Maybe because it comes on the heels of a TWD finale that left a bad taste in my mouth but I am really psyched for this return. Also for this season I will not need to make my spoiler free edition of this thread. :p

Despite whatever HBO says I'm not buying the Jon Snow is dead bit. Some iteration of him will be back, Jon Stark perhaps? He faithfully served the Watch until his death, so he is free man now. Hopefully after some sort of ceremony that requires Melissandre to be naked.

I picked up the season 5 bluray set after catching a few random episodes on HBO, burning through it to get ready. Maybe because it comes on the heels of a TWD finale that left a bad taste in my mouth but I am really psyched for this return. Also for this season I will not need to make my spoiler free edition of this thread. :p

Despite whatever HBO says I'm not buying the Jon Snow is dead bit. Some iteration of him will be back, Jon Stark perhaps? He faithfully served the Watch until his death, so he is free man now. Hopefully after some sort of ceremony that requires Melissandre to be naked.
He'll be back, but not as Jon Stark. And I concur that Mel should traipse about unclothed for the duration of S06.

He'll be back, but not as Jon Stark. And I concur that Mel should traipse about unclothed for the duration of S06.
Thoros brought Beric Dondarrion back from the dead six times in season 3 (once on screen) through Lord of Light magic - same religion as Melisandre.

Word has it Thoros is making a return in season six. *rubs chin*

I don't know the resurrection logic and if it could actually work on Jon Snow. Apparently Dondarrion lost a little bit of himself each time he died and was resurrected (last we saw him - with Arya - he had no memory of his life prior to when Ned Stark ordered him to capture Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane).

MCC said:
There has to be a reason certain people are at The Wall...

I liked Season 5 so much better on rewatch. The finale is a real finale, the polar opposite of the TWD trainwreck. Also, Hardhome might be my favorite episode of the series. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as soon as the dogs started barking. That battle was full on movie production good, off the charts for TV in quality and scope.

I liked Season 5 so much better on rewatch.
Same here. Even though it had some flaws - perhaps the most of any season in the series - it was still very good. Especially the last three episodes. Then again that Jamie-to-Dorne plot with the Sand Snake sisters really was bad...although the final scene on the boat was unexpected and pretty good.

Same here. Even though it had some flaws - perhaps the most of any season in the series - it was still very good. Especially the last three episodes. Then again that Jamie-to-Dorne plot with the Sand Snake sisters really was bad...although the final scene on the boat was unexpected and pretty good.
I'm in the minority in that I liked Jamie's Dornish adventure. When Jamie isn't being a complete he's one of my favorite characters and so is Bronn, so them on a little buddy cop adventure works for me. The royal gardens in Spain made for one a hell of great location as well. And need I mention Bad ...

I'm in the minority in that I liked Jamie's Dornish adventure. When Jamie isn't being a complete . . . . . . . he's one of my favorite characters and so is Bronn, so them on a little buddy cop adventure works for me. The royal gardens in Spain made for one a hell of great location as well. And need I mention Bad . . . . . ...
It was okay until they executed their "plan" to take Myrcella...right in the middle of town in broad daylight in front of her fiance. Seemed really dumb.

It was okay until they executed their "plan" to take Myrcella...right in the middle of town in broad daylight in front of her fiance. Seemed really dumb.

I read somewhere that they weren't allowed to film at night in the gardens. Probably should've tried filters or just done that fight indoors.

For those who enjoy spoilers and/or cant wait a few more hours, some screen grabs have leaked. NSFW but very safe if you like love melisandre

http:// m.imgur.com/a/iF4pI
Just remove the spaces in front of m.imgur

Bwahahahahaha to everyone who wants to see Melisandre nekkid the rest of the season. I hope you get your wish...she's really a crusty old hag. Hahahahaha.

Upon watching the end of the premiere of GOT season 6, Bernie Sanders was quoted as saying, "You know, I'm finally seeing what all the hubub is for regarding that lady in red."

Last edited:
Thoros brought Beric Dondarrion back from the dead six times in season 3 (once on screen) through Lord of Light magic - same religion as Melisandre.

Word has it Thoros is making a return in season six. *rubs chin*

I don't know the resurrection logic and if it could actually work on Jon Snow. Apparently Dondarrion lost a little bit of himself each time he died and was resurrected (last we saw him - with Arya - he had no memory of his life prior to when Ned Stark ordered him to capture Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane).

Oh, I am hoping Thoros is back for a different reason...!

Hopefully after some sort of ceremony that requires Melissandre to be naked.
And I concur that Mel should traipse about unclothed for the duration of S06.
You asked for it...

rw12.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

I was a little disappointed in the GOT S-6E-1 episode yesterday But Melisandre's old lady body slipping into bed might be the kind of MOJO that revives Jon Snow so my money is on her unless Sam comes back with something to save his best friend. Thats unlikely so I think fantasy magic is the way the writers will go. NOT A SPOILER! Purely suspicion that that would be the directionI might write if I was a creative writer. The fact is I only make those kind of people

My biggest issue with last night's episode - TOO SHORT! It was like 45 minutes. that's about 10-12 minutes shorter than normal. WTH!?

My biggest issue with last night's episode - TOO SHORT! It was like 45 minutes. that's about 10-12 minutes shorter than normal. WTH!?
Yeah I thought the 'Previously on GOT...' recap was way too long. Not necessary. Everyone already knows what happened last season.

Aside from that I thought it was a great first episode. Brienne finally wins over Sansa. I love when Tyrion and Varys are together shooting the - only this time there's way more conflict. Melisandre reveal was very well done. I liked that the Dorne scene was wrapped up in about three minutes. Can't wait for Sunday.

Solid opener, but yeah, they could've used another 20 minute arc in there.

I started off last night with FTWD on a 10 minute delay figuring I'd be done with GoT around 1130 if all goes well, but was done before 11.

Put on another Dice to pass the time, love him.

Here's to episode 2 really pulling us in.

Bwahahahahaha to everyone who wants to see Melisandre nekkid the rest of the season. I hope you get your wish...she's really a crusty old hag. Hahahahaha.

Upon watching the end of the premiere of GOT season 6, Bernie Sanders was quoted as saying, "You know, I'm finally seeing what all the hubub is for regarding that lady in red."
I still want to see as much of Carice van Houten naked as possible. As an avid reader of all the ASOIAF, I knew the character's backstory and wasn't surprised by the introduction of a naked hag.

Do you have an aversion to more of hot redhead, stacked actress Carice naked? Laugh all you want, but I'll take more of her traipsing about unclothed.

Hey Jon, if you want to be resurrected you'd better treat her with a bit more respect.
th
It really wasn't a surprise, anyone who's up on their Disney Evil Witches & Queens could see that coming a million miles away.

It really wasn't a surprise, anyone who's up on their Disney Evil Witches & Queens could see that coming a million miles away.
Wait... it finally comes out: you're a closet Dewq fan: I KNEW it!

Wait... it finally comes out: you're a closet Dewq fan: I KNEW it!
I'm sure there's a good joke in there, but it shot over my head.

Dewq???

With the vibe of the scene and the closeups to some sort of potions I was actually expecting her to commit suicide. If nothing else to troll all of the fans who are just assuming she is going to bring Jon Snow back, and also considering how depressed she was about the prophecy in the flames being way off. I was a little relieved to see the old lady.