Game on Ladies and gents - LGO! | Syracusefan.com

Game on Ladies and gents - LGO!

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame

Glad to see a new/returned emphasis on the fight song.

This one is huge gang and could very well signal the beginning of the next productive and positive era for SU football. Gotta at least be competitive to the final whistle and I can say for the first time in a while I really think that's what we'll see. An upset would be huge. LGO!!!

Last edited:
Why do the straps only go down beneath their noses instead of under their chins?

LGO!

Why do the straps only go down beneath their noses instead of under their chins?

LGO!
It's an old school look. Let me text my friend who has been teaching marching band drummers for 35 years for a better answer.

EDIT: My friend's answer: Something to bite on. No real reason otherwise.

LGO!

Why do big bad football players pat each other on the tushie? Tradition.

I grew up in a drum Corp family (my dad marched and we went to all the shows in the east). I think it's just a militaristic look with the strap hanging like that. See West Point.

As a section leader in his marching band, I would adjust the strap to hang just below their bottom lip. Nothing looked more out of order than 15 drummers with straps like this and one freshman with the strap tightly under his chin looking like a jackass. Eventually it just ends up in your mouth, and if you're intense enough you do some damage to it over the course of a season.

Most of the marching band instructors spent time in drum corps and make everyone wear there strap like that. At least it was that way at my school.

image-1780193606.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom