Gameday coming to BC next week | Syracusefan.com

Gameday coming to BC next week

Not gonna lie. I'm really disappointed about this.

I was hoping we beat UL and ND. BC upsets Clemson and beats FSU.

Then a top-10 match-up between 9-2 BC and 9-2 Syracuse gets Gameday for the last week of the regular season.

Unless Yankee Stadium allows Game Day in the Great Hall, I am not sure under the 4 train in the Bronx will make for the best broadcast spot for a live TV broadcast, so I am doubtful it's coming to us vs ND.

Then a top-10 match-up between 9-2 BC and 9-2 Syracuse gets Gameday for the last week of the regular season.

Unless Yankee Stadium allows Game Day in the Great Hall, I am not sure under the 4 train in the Bronx will make for the best broadcast spot for a live TV broadcast, so I am doubtful it's coming to us vs ND.

It's always outside the stadium, not inside.

Mich osu is getting game day that week. Still very likely cuse nd gets it top 15 matchup. Something different.

I think SU and BC would have to be 11-0 each to get gameday over Ohio State - Michigan.

SU vs ND is the only matchup of ranked teams that week. As long as both teams win next week we should get Game Day in NYC. Might do Times Square (probably difficult on short notice) or Central Park. Or they could film it outside Yankee Stadium (most likely) because it’s a 2:30 game

I think SU and BC would have to be 11-0 each to get gameday over Ohio State - Michigan.

Not sure where the GD confidence for Cuse and ND ever came from. BC/Clemson is a more attractive option. i realize they are different weekends but the logistics of GD coming to a rural college campus vs the CF that is NYC? not even close.

Will be the smallest turnout of the year.

bc.gif

Not sure where the GD confidence for Cuse and ND ever came from. BC/Clemson is a more attractive option. i realize they are different weekends but the logistics of GD coming to a rural college campus vs the CF that is NYC? not even close.

Maybe because it will be #3 ND playing #13 (assuming we TCB) 'Cuse.

No other ranked match-ups.

Where gameday is this week is completely irrelevant. You have more-or-less a top 10 match-up at Yankee stadium.

It's a no brainer to pick ND/Cuse for gameday on the 17th

Pound em Clemson.

BC losing a close game is the best case scenario for us. They might go up in the rankings and can go into their game vs FSU knowing they'll still be 22-25 if they lose and have 4 losses come our game.

I'd rather they lose badly this week as well to FSU. Less competition for us re bowls. Plus screw em.

Their fans don't travel they are not a desirable bowl selection.

Neither are we generally speaking BUT our coach/offense makes us good for TV and the fact that we haven't played in one in a while changes things a lot I would assume. UVA is a school we don't want to win many games re bowls but I doubt they win again this year that team sucks. I got 100 bucks on Liberty to win outright in Cville Saturday.

Their fans don't travel they are not a desirable bowl selection.

Neither are we generally speaking BUT our coach/offense makes us good for TV and the fact that we haven't played in one in a while changes things a lot I would assume. UVA is a school we don't want to win many games re bowls but I doubt they win again this year that team sucks. I got 100 bucks on Liberty to win outright in Cville Saturday.

They average basically the same attendance as us at home games. What do you know about their fans traveling vs ours? Or just making us things?

They average basically the same attendance as us at home games. What do you know about their fans traveling vs ours? Or just making us things?

I grew up 2 miles from that campus I know BC football well enough despite always being a Syracuse fan. I can tell you where to park 5 minutes walk and not get towed.

They never get selected for big bowl games because there aren't usually a lot of fans. Whats the last really good bowl they went to. Its always empty for those games wherever they play.

The rain game 2 years ago we had more fans than them at their place.

They are having a nice season and filled the place for the once every 12 year visit of Miami and undefeated Clemson. For a non big name opponent I honestly think we put a few more bodies in the Dome than they put in Alumni these days.

The Clemson game hasn't even gotten on the front page of the Globe sports section all week its that off the radar. Credit them for selling it out of course. If they were playing Ville this Friday they wouldn't crack 20k actual butts in seats.

Thats the Lville highlights. Go to the 1:56 mark of that video and see the upper ends totally empty sideline uppers 80% empty. Won't look like that in the Dome Friday.

Last edited:
Always root for the Boston Clowns to lose and lose big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom