Gameday Report | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Report

Comon jekelish whens the next time SU plays a bowl game within drivin distance of you? JUST DO IT like Nike.
If we had gotten the bowl in Dallas I would be there. But with a 2 year old and a trip to San Antonio for work on Sunday, no can do.

Blargh.

Im willing to western union you 100 bucks for free to help you make it there if you can make it work.
Ha, at this point I wouldn't even make it for kickoff (and I can't imagine my wife would sign off on it). So I'll just have to make it down to Arlington when we reach the Final Four. Thanks anyway!

If we had gotten the bowl in Dallas I would be there. But with a 2 year old and a trip to San Antonio for work on Sunday, no can do.

Blargh.
Short drive from Houston to San Antonio.

Friend whose son plays for the Gophers said there are 25x's as many Minnesota fans as the Cuse at the game.

Texas Bowl ‏@TexasBowl 9m
We are under two hours away from kickoff! Check out this cool view of Reliant Stadium from a helicopter #TexasBowl pic.twitter.com/8fldIWBN1q

BchXiobCMAAxEc2.jpg

Tailgate is great. SUMB, cheerleaders, Otto and color guard performed.

Texan Mark and the SU crew did a wonderful job. Food was excellent. Hofmann's were off the chart!

Pictures to be posted tomorrow...if I can figure out me phone.

What a game! Tom's analysis will be a good report. I intended to post a couple times from the game but the internet was terrible. At least for me.

Reliant Stadium is a good subject to benchmark when Syraccuse replaces the Dome - not now but when the time comes. Video boards were excellent. Replays were great. An open roof is cool on a clear night, though it was chilly and should have been closed. Ribbon boards were cool, too.

The Syracuse video was great. The little engine that goes BANG when we score needs to be upgraded - solid idea but needs more explanation and a better visual. Too many people do not remember Ernie Davis and his moniker Elmira Express.

We really shot ourselves in the foot with stupid mistakes that allowed Minny to hang around and take the lead. The kids are resilient, shook it all off and pulled out a vvictory.

I loved the grit our kids had. AB set the tone with the first down hustle. Estime fumbled but showed improvement. He will score on kick offs and punt returns next year.

There is too much to say via my phone. It was a great win.

We had so much food at the tailgate we feed the cheerleaders and the band. I'd guess we had 5-6k Cuse fans...maybe 7-8k Minny fans. Probably 22-23k actual in the stadium. Our tailgate maxed at 450 folks. Great time...more tomorrow.

PJ Alexander was at the tailgate. Also, for the old timers so was Mark Meadors a SF on the 1975 Final Four team. Tim Ahern Safety for Cuse who graduated in '78 was at the tailgate too.

We had so much food at the tailgate we feed the cheerleaders and the band. I'd guess we had 5-6k Cuse fans...maybe 7-8k Minny fans. Probably 22-23k actual in the stadium. Our tailgate maxed at 450 folks. Great time...more tomorrow.

PJ Alexander was at the tailgate. Also, for the old timers so was Mark Meadors a SF on the 1975 Final Four team. Tim Ahern Safety for Cuse who graduated in '78 was at the tailgate too.
I remember Mark Meadors. I blocked his shot once in a pickup game at Archbold. I'm so small I don't think he knew I was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom