Garrett Shrader… | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader…

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Wasn’t great. Missed some throws (Tucker wheel route particularly). Was loose with the ball.

But man, he made the play that we needed him to make. And missed a similar play by a hair to Alford.

I know Beck & Anae will have him in the film room seeing what he needs to work on, but he is a gamer and has a will to win. Similar to Dungey. And that will keep us in (and win) a lot of games.

Shrader missed on a completely open Tucker who ran a sweet wheel route. He leads him and it's a TD all day long. Listen we didn't win pretty but he made key plays when needed. Good job by the offense and defense to gut out the win. Figure out how to get Tucker running again and we will be fine.

The Tucker miss was bad, also the end zone interception that fortunately was negated by a Purdue penalty were probably his two worst plays. He was also victomized by at least two drops that I remember.

However, the kid fights, never quits, and makes winning plays when he has to. That game winning TD pass was a thing of beauty !!!!

The Tucker miss was bad, also the end zone interception that fortunately was negated by a Purdue penalty were probably his two worst plays. He was also victomized by at least two drops that I remember.

However, the kid fights, never quits, and makes winning plays when he has to. That game winning TD pass was a thing of beauty !!!!
Pretty sure he threw that ball because he knew it was a free play. He was looking right at Tucker when he got tackled.

Would be great if he threw a swing pass once in a while every single time Tucker was there he never even looked except for the one time it was obviously a called play

Would be great if he threw a swing pass once in a while every single time Tucker was there he never even looked except for the one time it was obviously a called play
I'm thinking he was running the play that was called

I'm thinking he was running the play that was called

No way. Most of his runs are because he pulled it down and ran. None of them called runs. Tucker is not staying in pass pro, he’s an available receiver. It was there all day but Sharder is not looking. Even If Tucker is just the check down he needs to use him.

No way. Most of his runs are because he pulled it down and ran. None of them called runs. Tucker is not staying in pass pro, he’s an available receiver. It was there all day but Sharder is not looking. Even If Tucker is just the check down he needs to use him.
I'll go with the coaches checkdown order and Schrader's gut as to when he should tuck and run. If he's doing either wrong, I guess that's up to the coaches to correct.

It refreshing to look like offensive crap for 3 quarters and still be able to win games against a quality opponent. And this was a quality opponent, Purdue has a NFL talent level QB, a WR1 that is one of the best we’ll see all season and gave PSU everything they could handle.

Shrader and the staff will review and work on things I’m sure. He did look better in the 2nd half when receivers were finally getting open but to be fair, there were a number of balls in both halves that should have been caught that were dropped. So I’d say collectively our passing game didn’t look as crisp this game, it wasn’t just Shrader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom