Gasaway: Boeheim best coach in the nation | Syracusefan.com

Gasaway: Boeheim best coach in the nation

moqui

generational talent
full insider article here

[URL='http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10435818/why-syracuse-orange-coach-jim-boeheim-deserves-coach-year-cbb']Jim Boeheim, Syracuse Orange[/URL]

Syracuse was 11-7 in the Big East last season, and that was with a rotation that featured Michael Carter-Williams, James Southerland and Brandon Triche. Those guys all left, and while Tyler Ennis arrived this season as a big-name recruit he wasn't as highly ranked as players such as Dakari Johnson, Kasey Hill or Jarrell Martin. Oh, and Ennis was slated to be joined in the starting backcourt by Trevor Cooney, he of the 27 percent 3-point shooting last season.

Take a bow if you looked at that set of facts in October and said to yourself: "Undefeated and No. 1 in the nation in February." I think it may be somewhat more appropriate, however, if Boeheim takes the bow. He has piloted a team that actually doesn't shoot all that well from the field to the pinnacle of Division I. C.J. Fair has proven to be a rock-solid (and tireless) featured scorer, and the offensive rebounding supplied by Jerami Grant and Rakeem Christmas has been crucial.

No wonder Boeheim thinks college basketball's better than it's ever been. You'd think that too if you were 23-0! Anyway, congratulations, Coach. I share your contentment with the state of the game, and I admire what you've done with your team this season. You, sir, are my Coach of the Year So Far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom