Gbinije Leaving Duke - Cuse interested | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije Leaving Duke - Cuse interested

we did offer him coming out of hs..interesting to see if we will end up with him 2nd time around

Funny you posted this, I literally was just coming to check if we had any interest in him at all or how he may fit.

Strengths: Aggressive Scorer, Catch and Shoot, Intangibles
Areas for improvement: Ballhandling and Rebounding

Sounds like a great fit!
LMAO weakness:
10% FT shooter... sign him up!

Gbinije is leaving because it sounds like Sulaimon will take the minutes he would have gotten next year.

Duke's lineup will be:
G - Curry
G - Cook
G - Dawkins
G - Sulaimon
G - Thornton

With the 6'10 clones Plumlee, Plumlee, Kelly off the bench LMAO

curious to see if this actually happens, as essentially (though not technically) it will be an in-conference transfer

curious to see if this actually happens, as essentially (though not technically) it will be an in-conference transfer
Good point. I wonder how SU to the ACC would play in this. Would he want to have games near his home in VA? UVA, VT, MD etc. Does he want a chance to play against Duke, and prove he can compete in the ACC?

Duke will be a lot better than people think...rivers leaving is addition by subtraction curry dawkins kelly plumlee murphy suliamon cook hairston thornton is a legit squad

You have to think that JB has talked to K about him and knows exactly what he would be getting. If SU has offered, K must have endorsed the kid to JB.

You have to think that JB has talked to K about him and knows exactly what he would be getting. If SU has offered, K must have endorsed the kid to JB.
True, but he would potentially be playing against Duke for 3 years

His dad played soccer at Temple, and with them joining the Big East I could see that becoming a strong contender.

How many chances does a kid get to transfer, then spend the rest of his career in the same conference with that school, showing them just exactly what they missed out on?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

This would be a great addition.

He would be a great fit at the top of the zone as I think he's more of a slashing SG than SU forward. He can shoot pretty well, can drive, finishes strong inside and has good athleticism. I saw that he was listed at 6'7", but that doesn't seem right. He looks like a 6'5" Guard and would be a great addition to go alongside Junior MCW, Soph Cooney and maybe freshman Ennis in 2013. If he's actually a legit 6'7" now, he would definitely fit at F here, though I just don't think he's that tall...

OK, I think this is my "window of opportunity" to make a first post and actually contribute something. Sean McAloon / Gbinije's high school coach is my brother in law. He had mentioned to me during this last season that Michael " should have gone to Cuse " and was unhappy at Duke. I'll follow up and see what he might know given this new info. Sean has also coached Ed Davis from Carolina a few years ago and the Burgess's from VCU.

i doubt duke would allow him to transfer to us.

#29 overall in 2011 - not too shabby...if we have the extra ship and it fits we should have a go...

Did he definitely have an offer from Cuse out of high school?

Looked him up on PrepStars 2011 class. Listed him as a 6'6 SF and #24 ranking in the class. While he was supposed to be a major talent, having just added Grant at the SF, why do we need to bring in another SF? I don't think he plays 2G. I guess it would mean we take him instead of going after Rhonde Jefferson in the '13 class.

Looked him up on PrepStars 2011 class. Listed him as a 6'6 SF and #24 ranking in the class. While he was supposed to be a major talent, having just added Grant at the SF, why do we need to bring in another SF? I don't think he plays 2G. I guess it would mean we take him instead of going after Rhonde Jefferson in the '13 class.
It sounds like he and Grant would complement each other nicely. He's more of a 2/3, while Grant is really a 3/4. You could play Gbinije at the top of the zone or on the wings.