George Karl needs to let it go | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

George Karl needs to let it go

afraid george has truly lost it. (and them)

John%20Lithgow%20Garp.jpg
Roberta Muldoon, one of my favorite fictional characters, from one of my favorite books.

Czar said:
Though Melo has a better killer instinct than Larry ever did.

How old are you? Just curious. Have you seen Larry Bird? Have you ever read up on anything about Larry Bird?

Bird was going nuts during the dream team days because his back was shot. He wanted to go out there and dominate bad back and all while knowing he had to play with the Celts the next season. If you asked me who had the most killer instinct ever in the NBA I'd put Bird pretty high on my list. Where is Melos killer instinct? I'm not saying he doesn't have it but I don't know where we could ever see it from. Jacking up 25+ shots a game doesn't mean you have killer instinct.

kingtidge said:
it's the NBA... i know this may matter to some but I couldn't care less. it's the one pro league in the world where the sport's pinnacle athletes play such a poor style of game that the amateur college league is a better watch, more entertaining and more popular. Just my opinion of course... tho i know there are many who feel the same...

If you don't care less about the NBA I'm assuming you don't watch it. If you don't watch it I don't know how you compare it to.

I for one like the NBA, I catch games when I can and I NEVER miss a Syracuse game. Even with that the brand of basketball being played is FAR more entertaining at the NBA level than college. Outside of our allegiance to the Cuse, is a team holding the ball for 25 seconds every possession really that entertaining?

Being serious, watch a Miami Heat game or a Thunder game sometime. Give it a half, the NBA game had a bag stigma from years back, it's actually a much better game than it was 10 years ago.

Can we get back on topic? How exactly are we defining the "better scorer"? Wouldn't stats like true shooting percentage and effective FG% be a pretty good proxy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom