George Michael dies | Syracusefan.com

George Michael dies

Kind of ironic he passed away on Christmas, he wrote and then recorded with Wham! "Last Christmas" which I think is a great Christmas song that I look forward to hearing every year.

RIP

Elton John once berated him, as a friend, for his heavy drug and alcohol abuse back in the late 80's because it was impacting his voice. He said something like God gave you a gift that no one else has may ever see again and you're throwing it away.

Great talent, but sounds like another tortured soul whose self-abusing lifestyle led to an untimely death. Sad. RIP

How many more talented musical souls will 2016 claim?

PoppyHart said:
I was more saddened to learn in this thread that the "Sports Machine" icon had passed. That's how I got my news as a student in DC in the 90's.

I lived just outside of DC from 1978-1984 and George Michaels was my sports God. I didn't know he had passed either.

I lived just outside of DC from 1978-1984 and George Michaels was my sports God. I didn't know he had passed either.

I used to watch him on D.C. TV, too, right around that same time when I was working for the Norfolk-Va Beach daily rag. Big fan.

I didn't realize he had died, either, until I Googled last night.

I realize this thread is about the other, more-famous George Michael, but since we're talkin' about him, how 'bout a little love for his namesake.

Last edited:
I won't post the videos here due to language, but every scene that mentions George Michael in the movie Keanu is incredible.

Great scene.
Had this partner Rigley...
I laughed out loud at that scene

Peopel should youtube it.
Key and Peele are funny guys.
This is our common ground. This is where we can agree on things.

I used to watch him on D.C. TV, too, right around that same time when I was working for the Norfolk-Va Beach daily rag. Big fan.

I didn't realize he had died, either, until I Googled last night.

I realize this thread is about the other, more-famous George Michael, but since we're talkin' about him, how 'bout a little love for his namesake.

Good stuff. George Michaels's Sports Machine was a great source of sports info back in the day. And even before that, there was Bill Mazer's Sports Extra on WNEW out of NYC. Loved those guys and always looked forward to watching their shows.

Good stuff. George Michaels's Sports Machine was a great source of sports info back in the day. And even before that, there was Bill Mazer's Sports Extra on WNEW out of NYC. Loved those guys and always looked forward to watching their shows.
I do believe my dad was a fan of Bill Mazer. I don't think he lived long enough for George Michael the sports guy.

Definitely not long enough to appreciate the GM who passed yesterday! (10-81)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom