Gerry | Syracusefan.com

Gerry

WOW! If fans can’t see why he’s a candidate to be HC and why kids he recruits (win or lose) love him you didn’t see what I just saw.

Dude just bleeds orange and has IT. Always has.
That's great.
I like him.
Alot.
Now...
What does his defense look like?
Seriously. His schemes need to be dramatically different than what we see now. If its more of what we have, he can be the best guy ever. Not a fit.

Not a time or place to debate HC but Gerry has scouted the opposing teams D for close to 400 games - he probably has Bennetts D and Pitinos D etched in his brain - I have zero doubt he would succeed AND win over this town - how many top recruits mentioned him and were sad to disappoint him - that’s on JB not him.

Love Gerry, but chill it was a speech. A good one for sure, but just a speech. Literally says nothing about the intricacies of being a head coach
I think he will do very well if he drops down a level and becomes a HC somewhere else. Billy Donovan never coached the Friars got his start at Marshall before going to Florida. Replacing JBs replacement and not JB might work out far better. The next coach isn't going to hold the job for 50 years and Gerry is still young.

I think he will do very well if he drops down a level and becomes a HC somewhere else. Billy Donovan never coached the Friars got his start at Marshall before going to Florida. Replacing JBs replacement and not JB might work out far better. The next coach isn't going to hold the job for 50 years and Gerry is still young.
This.
We literally have no idea what a GMac team looks like, but I have no doubt he'll be a good HC someday.
But let's have him do a stint somewhere else first. The stakes are too high to give the reigns over to a newbie, whether GMac, Red, or Griff. We need a change, and that doesn't mean things will shift immediately or that we'll stop being SU. Quite the contrary

WOW! If fans can’t see why he’s a candidate to be HC and why kids he recruits (win or lose) love him you didn’t see what I just saw.

Dude just bleeds orange and has IT. Always has.
It felt a little bit like a goodbye speech too. I hope he lands an HC gig somewhere outside Syracuse University.

If I was given the puppet strings to it all that's exactly what I'd make happen. We hire a proven outsider as JBs replacement. Gerry ties his carpet together at the end of a stick, slings it over his shoulder and starts walking down the railroad tracks towards the setting sun to strike out on his own with a struggling mid major. He finds success and gets them on a run of conference titles and NCAAT bids. Our outsider eventually annouces his retirement at the last home game of the season. As everyone stands and applaudes, "I'm coming home" begins to play over the sound system, the lights dim, an orange light shines on the tunnel and out walks Gerry to take charge of the big Orange ship. All is well in Orange nation

I mean, if it's good enough to be the football head coach, why not for basketball? I'm in - Let's roll with GMAC.
I’m in for handing the keys to Autry, see what he does, and if things don’t work out, you have GMac and a couple other alums in HC roles to monitor.

If I was given the puppet strings to it all that's exactly what I'd make happen. We hire a proven outsider as JBs replacement. Gerry ties his carpet together at the end of a stick, slings it over his shoulder and starts walking down the railroad tracks towards the setting sun to strike out on his own with a struggling mid major. He finds success and gets them on a run of conference titles and NCAAT bids. Our outsider eventually annouces his retirement at the last home game of the season. As everyone stands and applaudes, "I'm coming home" begins to play over the sound system, the lights dim, an orange light shines on the tunnel and out walks Gerry to take charge of the big Orange ship. All is well in Orange nation
"Wait...what's that? Where's that music coming from? By Gawd, is that GMac..is that Gerry McNamara? Here comes GMac from the tunnel"!

If you go to Autry unless Gerry goes and coaches he never becomes the coach..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom