Get Back | Syracusefan.com

Get Back

GoSU96

Living Legend
Let it Be the album is a mixed bag, (long and winding road, let it be - blah, across the universe - yuck) the movie wasn’t great in spots.

But if what Jackson puts together is closer to the rooftop concert, should be six great hours.

I think the Let it Be...Naked release elevated this material.

It's a testament to the Beatles' brilliance that an album with so many classic songs is considered by some to be their worst post-1965 album.

I can't wait for this movie/series by the way.

that 60 Min preview the other night was pretty nice if thats what the show is gonna be.

Kinda like the coolest person in the Mag. 7 was Steve McQueen and he just had a bit part at the time.

That first scene where Billy Preston shows up...my goodness. His keyboard sound instantly adds so much to the songs. And he just sits down not knowing anything beforehand and comes up with these perfect additions on the spot. He was just there to say hello! Magic of music right there.

That first scene where Billy Preston shows up...my goodness. His keyboard sound instantly adds so much to the songs. And he just sits down not knowing anything beforehand and comes up with these perfect additions on the spot. He was just there to say hello! Magic of music right there.
it fit what they were trying to do, record the songs live. The songs were thin as a four piece.

It was surprising how (relatively) submissive Lennon had become, and how much Paul had really taken over. Can see why George had some issues, but he was third dog anyway.

a) Yeah. After Billy showed up, it was like a switch was flipped. Instrumentally and atmospherically.

b) It was funny to get a few bars into a song, think "Wow, that sounds almost indistinguishable from the album cut," and then moments later see a chyron saying that this take was used on the album.

Loved that movie more than I thought I would, and the expectations were already high. The treatment of the rooftop concert was perfect.

It was surprising how (relatively) submissive Lennon had become, and how much Paul had really taken over. Can see why George had some issues, but he was third dog anyway.

Also, he's 25!!! At George's age I was a little difficult to deal with as well. Maybe a step or two behind talent-wise, though.

Oh, and the PR girl from Apple Records was spectacular. She handled that cop (who looked like Jonah from Veep) like a total pro.

a) Yeah. After Billy showed up, it was like a switch was flipped. Instrumentally and atmospherically.

b) It was funny to get a few bars into a song, think "Wow, that sounds almost indistinguishable from the album cut," and then moments later see a chyron saying that this take was used on the album.

Loved that movie more than I thought I would, and the expectations were already high. The treatment of the rooftop concert was perfect.
What needs to happen next is combine the concert without the interviews with the studio performances from the next day.

With Peter Jackson the extra special extended cut is a real possibility.

finished it.. 6 hrs was a long time to sit thru but well worth it.. listening to songs being born was crazy to watch.. seeing the discourse in the group knowing the end game was fascinating..

It really felt like they just were burnt out being together but when they were just there playing they loved it.

Ringo sitting looking like he had nothing to really do most of the time being the 4th wheel in most everything.

Seeing what the full roof concert was was nice.

some of the conversations were amazing to here.. the hidden microphones.. the Fleetwood Mac comments.

they touched on so many artists just fooling around playing stuff..

The rooftop concert is supposed to be in IMAX theaters this Sunday, but I don't see tickets available yet.

This was a great watch, a project in terms of viewing time but such an intimate view of legends in action. Despite all their fame and accomplishments they were still so so young when they broke up, all still in their 20s. Took no time at all to despise Yoko Ono. The dynamics on display were fascinating, Paul being so dominant musically, John being a silly goofball, George being steamrolled and dismissed creatively to the point he quits the band. Seeing the actual dialogue that’s in the song Get Back. And I haven’t been able to get Dig A Pony out of my head for the last couple weeks now. I never saw Let It Be and I don’t know how it compares to this, but this was really special.

On a side note I got to work with Peter Jackson once, found him modest and down to earth and simultaneously very professional and engaged, was a pleasant experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom