Giants 1st round pick | Syracusefan.com

Giants 1st round pick

JrodCuse

All Conference
Man I realllllly wanted David Njoku or Dalvin Cook and when we picked Engram I wasn't the happiest but I just went and watched his highlights and he's an impressive dude. Gmen fan thoughts?

Man I realllllly wanted David Njoku or Dalvin Cook and when we picked Engram I wasn't the happiest but I just went and watched his highlights and he's an impressive dude. Gmen fan thoughts?

From what I've seen, I like it. We needed weapons. Signing Marshall and drafting Engram should make us much more difficult to defend. I think they should be able to create a lot of matchup problems with Beckham, Marshall, Shephard, and now Engram and the variety of skills they have. Can't cover everybody!

Hopefully they can upgrade the OL!

I wanted Njoku too, party because hes from basically down the street from me and I thought it would be cool to have a 'local' Giant, partly because I think he can be a stud.

that said, Engram is good, real good. probably a better receiver than Njoku will ever be, but doubt he will be as good a blocker. not sure that matters in todays NFL as much though.

cook wasn't a good fit for the Giants and is still out there.

for today, just draft for D and sign Blount.

I will need to check if there is any OL with a 2nd round grade...but, would rather go D in 2nd and then in the 3rd, there will definetly not be immediate OL help, so go D again.

Kaiser I agree with everything you said but our D is good. Our O is good EXCEPT for O line. We gotta take some O linemen. I think only 2 or 3 were taken in the first round. There's gotta be a bunch of quality Olinemen available in the 2nd and 3rd. I wouldn't even be mad if we took OL in the 2nd AND 3rd. We just gotta shore that up because the weapons we have on O are insane but if Eli doesn't have 2+ seconds to let the routes develop its gonna be frustrating.

Kaiser I agree with everything you said but our D is good. Our O is good EXCEPT for O line. We gotta take some O linemen. I think only 2 or 3 were taken in the first round. There's gotta be a bunch of quality Olinemen available in the 2nd and 3rd. I wouldn't even be mad if we took OL in the 2nd AND 3rd. We just gotta shore that up because the weapons we have on O are insane but if Eli doesn't have 2+ seconds to let the routes develop its gonna be frustrating.
all good points and I could be talked into an OL for precisely the reasons you listed, but I don think that at 55 & 87, the value will be there. I really think we need to find starters, or package players. ie: guys who can get on the field right now and contribute.

word is that another area of weakness found now because of the new fancy college offenses...is that in addition to the QBs not being ready, neither are the OL .

and the further down the line we go, the less of a chance we get someone who can contribute in 2017...a year in which I want to play in February.

this oline issue also means that more 2-3-4 year guys are going to be getting released who can probably play better than any late 4-5-th round guy you grab now for the oline and they will also likely be cheaper.. its not a long term answer but better to take a flyer on a guy who can get you some help now and try to grab better stuff early in the draft next year.

I get we needed to find Eli's replacement, but damn I didn't want it this year. I wanted another guy in the 3rd who you could plug in and play.

instead we got another wasted roster spot for a clipboard holder...Nassib 2013 Pt II.

really love the DT at 2 though.

but, wholly shlit!!! the YANKEES!!!

I get we needed to find Eli's replacement, but damn I didn't want it this year. I wanted another guy in the 3rd who you could plug in and play.

instead we got another wasted roster spot for a clipboard holder...Nassib 2013 Pt II.

really love the DT at 2 though.

but, wholly shlit!!! the YANKEES!!!

The Yankees are fools gold my friend, they will come back down to earth.

The Yankees are fools gold my friend, they will come back down to earth.
Break em up!!

Send Judge to the padres!!! It's not fair!!!

Break em up!!

Send Judge to the padres!!! It's not fair!!!

You don't have enough pitching, Judge is going to be good, but teams will start to figure him out, and he will have to make adjustments.

You don't have enough pitching, Judge is going to be good, but teams will start to figure him out, and he will have to make adjustments.
300 70 150