Girard's acting | Syracusefan.com

Girard's acting

Millhouse

Living Legend
The guy isn't confident enough to get across half court on his own and has to try cheating and yet he's confident enough to go into I GOT THIS mode with his 36% 2 point shooting

He needs to find our best scorer at the end. Inexcusable.

The guy isn't confident enough to get across half court on his own and has to try cheating and yet he's confident enough to go into I GOT THIS mode with his 36% 2 point shooting

Weakest handle this side of David Patrick

Cheating? You mean the trying to draw a foul and get to the line? You’re calling that ...Cheating? Take some time to think before hitting the post rectangle

He’s not an ACC-level PG, or a PG at all - as multiple announcers have stated during our telecasts, being asked to bear that load, while being deferential to the Boeheims, especially Buddy, while drowning in defense, along with the rest of the crew that’s out there, but especially with his backcourt mate.

No excuses, he had and has had some absolutely terrible games and made horrible decisions, but Joe’s actions (or inactions) are the natural consequence of the roster.

So, totally agree that his acting is bad (not as bad as Jimmy complaining after every missed FGA), and his decision making isn’t always right, but you put a square peg in a round hole, this is what you get.

Kudos to the kid for hitting 41% from three and being the only guy that can hit a guy properly rolling to the bucket on our team, but, yeah, he does some very frustrating things.

Last edited:
That point in the game you gotta go and not try not to draw a foul.
I’m not excusing bouncing the ball off your leg, but everybody gives a larger reaction to a bump when you know the other team is desperate. It’s the smart thing to do to get a whistle. But to call it ...Cheating? Please?

I’m not excusing bouncing the ball off your leg, but everybody gives a larger reaction to a bump when you know the other team is desperate. It’s the smart thing to do to get a whistle. But to call it ...Cheating? Please?

Sure - but fundamentally its acting.

I just think back to the stupid end of Nova- UConn. Just try to friggin score and defend, they both played for an Oscar...

giving him "PG tenure" has been a huge error by JB, imo

early in his sophomre season - JB was like " joe is proven"

no hes not. not as a PG. hes simply not.

he's got heart and easy to root for ...(though he does make a lot of careless mistakes that are frustrating if you care about winning)but cant actually run a team the way a point guard needs to.

he could be an assett to any college bball team in the country...used in the right way...but on this team...for these last seasons...hes been a net negative imo.

it all comes down to miscalculations by the coaching staff on what will work and what wont...imo

Just seems that type of bump on a ball handler moving up court is called a foul a most of the time.

he got fouled to start the seq. it wasnt called.. he reacted to it.. and it cost him.. The issue isnt his handle, its his size.. he gets muscled and as a result gets himself off balance trying to over dribble.

The way we play - passive and whiny about every call - catches up to us when teams turn up the pressure. Refs rarely reward weak, frazzled - and did I say whiny - play. We needed to stop playing for calls and start playing thru contact. The three amigos especially.

I really dislike the throwing his head back and pretending he was fouled. The refs aren’t buying it and when you do it ten times a game they ignore it.

Hate the Jimmy jr and buddy raising hands in the air and either asking for a foul or being shocked they were called for a foul.

Hate the fact we never dive on the floor. Hate the fact we stand around, show little urgency and ball watch whether rebounding or when trying to inbounds.

Speaks to us being a very weak team.

Cuse!

He needs to get his foot dribble which he does every game over early .. so it doesn’t happen at end of game …

he got fouled to start the seq. it wasnt called.. he reacted to it.. and it cost him.. The issue isnt his handle, its his size.. he gets muscled and as a result gets himself off balance trying to over dribble.
The issue is he stinks with the ball in his hands unless he's shooting.

Yeah his theatrics and head throwbacks for times when there’s barely any contact is quite annoying, like others have said play the game and be strong with the ball stop trying to draw phantom fouls.

giving him "PG tenure" has been a huge error by JB, imo

early in his sophomre season - JB was like " joe is proven"

no hes not. not as a PG. hes simply not.

he's got heart and easy to root for ...(though he does make a lot of careless mistakes that are frustrating if you care about winning)but cant actually run a team the way a point guard needs to.

he could be an assett to any college bball team in the country...used in the right way...but on this team...for these last seasons...hes been a net negative imo.

it all comes down to miscalculations by the coaching staff on what will work and what wont...imo

And also miscalculations by the coaching staff on who they recruit, and how players are handled.

We've had an embarrassing string of misses at PG, after Tyler Ennis.

Kaleb Joseph was a hand-picked guy, and he couldn't even see the floor at Creighton.
We blew it putting all our eggs in the Quade Green basket.
Then laid an egg with Jalen Carey, who was athletic but couldn't dribble down his chin.
Goodine was another bust.
And when we finally landed a true lead guard -- not some combo who needs to learn the position -- who was also a great fit for what we do defensively, JB ran him off by committing to Girard.

It really isn't Girard's fault. His limitations make him best suited for a microwave role off the bench, not a starting PG who gets 35+ minutes per game.

He plays hero ball far too often. This isn't Glenns Falls
In his defense thats our offense and all hes really been taught at the college level, iso with some more iso sprinkled in. Its aweful but it's what we have primarily run for a while now for whatever reason

Kudos to the kid for hitting 41% from three and being the only guy that can hit a guy properly rolling to the bucket on our team, but, yeah, he does some very frustrating things.
And for ending up sixth in the conference in assists. He would have been no worse than fourth had Jesse not gotten hurt.

Th
I really dislike the throwing his head back and pretending he was fouled. The refs aren’t buying it and when you do it ten times a game they ignore it.

Hate the Jimmy jr and buddy raising hands in the air and either asking for a foul or being shocked they were called for a foul.

Hate the fact we never dive on the floor. Hate the fact we stand around, show little urgency and ball watch whether rebounding or when trying to inbounds.

Speaks to us being a very weak team.

Cuse!
There was a lot of diving yesterday, Sidibe, Jimmy and JG all were diving for balls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom