GIT playing two road games in 48 hours | Syracusefan.com

GIT playing two road games in 48 hours

PoppyHart

All American
This should be a big help for us. Don't think this is allowed anymore under BE scheduling rules.

same thing we faced last Saturday/Monday at Duke/Maryland.

This should be a big help for us. Don't think this is allowed anymore under BE scheduling rules.

GIT = Ga Tech? BE = ACC? And didn't we play two road games in 48 hours last week with Duke on Saturday and Maryland on Monday?

Not sure I follow your post.

GIT = Ga Tech? BE = ACC? And didn't we play two road games in 48 hours last week with Duke on Saturday and Maryland on Monday?

Not sure I follow your post.

GIT = GA Institute of Technology. BE = BE

You are right that it is allowed under ACC rules, not under BE rules (anymore). The Maryland situation had a further wrinkle in that MD was idle the previous weekend.

They "do things different down there".

Didn't we play at Cincy on Monday night in 2012 right after we lost at ND on Saturday?

Didn't we play at Cincy on Monday night in 2012 right after we lost at ND on Saturday?
Correct, that UND game broke our 20 game win streak, it was the beginning of the Fab Melo dance around. The game before he had 10 & 10 with 6 blocked shots in a 71-68 win over Pitt. Notre Dame was 11-8 coming into that game. They were like Virginia going 8 of 16 from three. We also got crushed on the boards 38-25. That marked the Irish's 6th straight home win against a #1 team.

We ended up beating Cincy 60-53.

Y
Correct, that UND game broke our 20 game win streak, it was the beginning of the Fab Melo dance around. The game before he had 10 & 10 with 6 blocked shots in a 71-68 win over Pitt. Notre Dame was 11-8 coming into that game. They were like Virginia going 8 of 16 from three. We also got crushed on the boards 38-25. That marked the Irish's 6th straight home win against a #1 team.

We ended up beating Cincy 60-53.
Yeah I think RAK came in to fill in for Flab Melo and he had a very solid game

It is really dumb for conferences to not have a rule that you can't play 2 roads games within 48 unless the second game travel can be done by bus. I mean if GT had to go Florida State, then Clemson its one thing. However, its a joke for the players who the NCAA calls student athletes and the conferences make money from TV to play a Sunday Night nationally televised game and then go home for classes on Monday, practice/fly to Syracuse, play Tuesday miss classes, play a game, and then fly home and probably miss morning classes. This crap is hypocritical and these kids can't get a stipend each semester because its a little too much to ask for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom