Give Tim Lester His Own Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Give Tim Lester His Own Thread

And that's exactly what Lester did.

He salvaged a disaster on the offensive side of the ball and did it with a kid QB who arrived on campus three and half weeks before the season opener.

Salvaged is a strong word. "Marginally better" works.

(Side note: and yes that means we were marginally better this season under Babers than last year too).

Salvaged is a strong word. "Marginally better" works.

(Side note: and yes that means we were marginally better this season under Babers than last year too).

Do you argue everything?

He salvaged a disaster on the offensive side of the ball and did it with a kid QB who arrived on campus three and half weeks before the season opener.
Unfortunately, I think that offense was still a disaster.

Lester hired Drew Robinson as his DFO.

Stephen Bailey‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 44m44 minutes ago
Former Syracuse C Jason Emerich reuniting with Tim Lester in Kalamazoo. WMU gradually becoming Syracuse Midwest.

Stephen Bailey‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 41m41 minutes ag
Other ex-Syracuse folks working for Lester: Tim Daoust, Jake Moreland and Drew Robinson. DQ'd DT Steven Clark visiting this weekend.

Stephen Bailey‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 44m44 minutes ago
Former Syracuse C Jason Emerich reuniting with Tim Lester in Kalamazoo. WMU gradually becoming Syracuse Midwest.
^^ Jason was a hard worker at Cuse through a couple staffs. He was a good story and represented Cuse well. I am glad to hear a door has opened up for this young man. I am guessing he will put the same effort into coaching as he did playing which means Lester picked up some good talent for his staff in Jason...good luck!!

Stephen Bailey‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 41m41 minutes ag
Other ex-Syracuse folks working for Lester: Tim Daoust, Jake Moreland and Drew Robinson. DQ'd DT Steven Clark visiting this weekend.

Getting the band backtogether didnt work out for shafer to well

Not overly impressed with the job done in year 1. Was -7 in the win column from the year before and they had better talent than the rest of the league (went 4-4 in league). I can understand implementing new systems and all but call me skeptical. Recruiting looks good so far so there is that.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx us when we visit in September.

Time to beat that ass next year! (as in the team not Tim Lester)

There's a segment of our fan base that doesn't understand pace adjustments, so they will always think that a faster offense > a slower offense, and that a passing offense > a rushing offense (because of a running clock vs the potential for a frozen clock). They also tend to think that offenses and defenses work in silos, and that an offense giving a defense room to work with and rest doesn't add value.

There's also a segment of our fanbase that likes shiny new toys. They will always blindly support the current coach, only to turn on him as soon as he turns into the former coach.

Lester's offense was slower, and it ate more clock, and he was part of the old staff. So, there's literally nothing that you can say to some people to convince them that he actually did a good job during the short time that he was our OC.

**Before I get jumped on for being a "Dino hater," I think that he's done a fantastic job w/ the defense (we were surprisingly good this year), and although I don't think that his offense is better on the field yet, I do think that he's bringing in serious talent, which will make it better soon. He was a good hire, and he is a good coach.**

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom