GMac and Hak Headed to the Rafters | Syracusefan.com

GMac and Hak Headed to the Rafters

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

1920x1080_Jerseys_J2LQs.jpg

Twenty years after playing a major role in Syracuse's first NCAA Basketball Championship, Gerry McNamara '06 and Hakim Warrick '05 will have their Orange jerseys hoisted to the Dome rafters. The jersey retirements will take place on Sunday, March 4 when Syracuse hosts Wake Forest at 5 pm in the JMA Wireless Dome.

Well deserved.

Trying to think if we’ll have any more retired after them, though.

All the guys who would’ve been good enough left too early(Flynn, Dion, MCW, Grant, Ennis, etc) and the good players who were here longer weren’t really THAT good - not on the level of the guys in the rafters.

Well deserved.

All the guys who would’ve been good enough left too early(Flynn, Dion, MCW, Grant, Ennis, etc) and the good players who were here longer weren’t really THAT good - not on the level of the guys in the rafters.
Triche?

Well deserved.

I'd put Grant up there, because of how successful he's been in the NBA.

Well deserved.

I don't think that Rudy Hackett has been retired. And that if I am correct, is shameful

Twenty years after playing a major role in Syracuse's first NCAA Basketball Championship, Gerry McNamara '06 and Hakim Warrick '05 will have their Orange jerseys hoisted to the Dome rafters. The jersey retirements will take place on Sunday, March 4 when Syracuse hosts Wake Forest at 5 pm in the JMA Wireless Dome.
Good stuff, happy for them both

Well deserved.

I’m sure buddy will get his retired! /s

I mean he’s the winningest player of all time at SU and he was in a final four.
I loved Triche. But if you retire his jersey you have to retire like 30 other players on his level (Joseph, Fair, Dave Johnson, Rick, AO, Scoop, Etan, Blackwell, Hart, Burgan, etc etc.) and then you have watered-down the honor. He's not an elite SU historical player.

I loved Triche. But if you retire his jersey you have to retire like 30 other players on his level (Joseph, Fair, Dave Johnson, Rick, AO, Scoop, Etan, Blackwell, Hart, Burgan, etc etc.) and then you have watered-down the honor. He's not an elite SU historical player.

Some of those players you listed absolutely should!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom