Gmac | Syracusefan.com

Gmac

A few rambling GMac thoughts.

Was high on Gerry when he committed and he achieved every expectation that I predicated for him as a player. Met him briefly in NYC last Nov but he wasn't in the mood to talk after that disaster. This is the first time I have hear him speak. He was a little vanilla and not the most eloquent speaker, but solid overall. I think he is an effective AC and it is good to have him on the staff. Coaches tend to be a little over optimist in these kind of interviews, but the tidbits that seemed real were positive.

He did everything needed to land QG, but JB is the closer. I don't know about QG breaking Gerry's heart but I do think that QG lied to the SU staff.

I don't see him as a SU HC any time soon.

He can't have 4 kids can he?

Was high on Gerry when he committed and he achieved every expectation that I predicated for him as a player. Met him briefly in NYC last Nov but he wasn't in the mood to talk after that disaster. This is the first time I have hear him speak. He was a little vanilla and not the most eloquent speaker, but solid overall. I think he is an effective AC and it is good to have him on the staff. Coaches tend to be a little over optimist in these kind of interviews, but the tidbits that seemed real were positive.

He did everything needed to land QG, but JB is the closer. I don't know about QG breaking Gerry's heart but I do think that QG lied to the SU staff.

Imo he should never be handed the keys to Syracuse basketball. Hes never been a head coach. I want someone with head coaching experience. Not someone learning on the job . I've listened to 500 JB and GM interviews. I dont really learn alot, especially with Boeheim because in my opinion they dont like to share alot. I learn the most about basketball when Red talks. Just my observations. If Gerry wants to gain head coaching experience and come back fine. But I want someone that has been a head coach.

Imo he should never be handed the keys to Syracuse basketball. Hes never been a head coach. I want someone with head coaching experience. Not someone learning on the job . I've listened to 500 JB and GM interviews. I dont really learn alot, especially with Boeheim because in my opinion they dont like to share alot. I learn the most about basketball when Red talks. Just my observations. If Gerry wants to gain head coaching experience and come back fine. But I want someone that has been a head coach.
Wow,couldn’t possibly disagree more with this. I don’t know for sure if Gerry or Adrian are head coaching material but GMac is a WEALTH of basketball information when he speaks. Almost to the point where you want him to stop talking. He is monotone and a bit vanilla in personality but I’ve learned more about basketball from him than any assistant coach anywhere that I’ve heard interviewed. Adrian has a perfect demeanor,personality and voice for teaching but Gerry reminds me of Boeheim with his computer like mind.

Wow,couldn’t possibly disagree more with this. I don’t know for sure if Gerry or Adrian are head coaching material but GMac is a WEALTH of basketball information when he speaks. Almost to the point where you want him to stop talking. He is monotone and a bit vanilla in personality but I’ve learned more about basketball from him than any assistant coach anywhere that I’ve heard interviewed. Adrian has a perfect demeanor,personality and voice for teaching but Gerry reminds me of Boeheim with his computer like mind.
Could just be his style of talking. I'm no basketball expert. Just one man's opinion.

Excuse me theres only one QG.

Not another Quade Green thread

gerry's next win will be his first. nuff said.
Did you say that about two time Pac coach of the year Mike Hopkins? By the way, I was at Syracuse the last time the job came open. And the guy they hired, he got his first win against Harvard later that year. I don't want G-mac by the way. But the idea about the next win stuff, not impressed.

This thread already reads like SyracuseFan.com's Greatest Hits.

For real, does anybody have a list of players Gmac has brought in?

hardly so . most major top 20 's programs are hiring first year guys ? or dudes with a pedigree ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom