Go Figure: Not another uniform thread | Syracusefan.com

Go Figure: Not another uniform thread

Your kidding with Georgia right? They mix it up as much as any school with black helmets, black uniforms, and mis-match and change it up as much as any other school.

Whatever, I really don't care that much. The uniform thing is really not a big deal.

Yeah I’m more interested in the game because of the uniforms

Actually, you are.

If the two teams played in white shirts and skins you wouldn't recognize them and you wouldn't care.

Basic branding theory.

Watching GA v Auburn. Georgia looks like Georgia. Auburn looks like Auburn. Instantly recognizable. Brands reinforced.

I always giggle at this line.

So when Ohio State wore those all white/grey/black unis did you instantly recognize them? No. But when your eyes see "OHIO STATE" in the scoreboard on the TV, you know who it is.

I always giggle at this line.

So when Ohio State wore those all white/grey/black unis did you instantly recognize them? No. But when your eyes see "OHIO STATE" in the scoreboard on the TV, you know who it is.

Can't really say, since I didn't see Ohio State in white, grey & black uniforms. I will just say that I watch my team, SU, play every game. And I can't recognize them from one week to the next.

But boy. I'll bet those Georgia and Auburn players hate playing in those traditional, boring uniforms.

Can't really say, since I didn't see Ohio State in white, grey & black uniforms. I will just say that I watch my team, SU, play every game. And I can't recognize them from one week to the next.

But boy. I'll bet those Georgia and Auburn players hate playing in those traditional, boring uniforms.

jk-dobbins-e0eecb0a99dfd6b3.jpg

I don't care much about the changing of uniforms from ones that teams wore 30 years ago, I just don't like Syracuse's current look, I would like to see them changed but don't necessarily have to go back to the McPherson or McNabb era

I don't care much about the changing of uniforms from ones that teams wore 30 years ago, I just don't like Syracuse's current look, I would like to see them changed but don't necessarily have to go back to the McPherson or McNabb era
wasn't 2017 supposed to be the last year for the current look and starting with 2018 Wildhack & Babers were going to have a chance to work with Nike on a new look? or did I just imagine that to make myself feel better? Thought I read that on here at some point though - they wouldn't be changed for this past season, but after that they'd be able to re-do the unis

How many times did they wear them? Were they a one off thing? Or do they wear them every week?

They wore those 2 separate times this year. I know the point you mean though. I'd love to see 'Cuse get back to an updated/more traditional look.

However -- Ohio State wore an "unrecognizable" uniform in the Michigan game, the game with the most nationwide eyes on it for them.

wasn't 2017 supposed to be the last year for the current look and starting with 2018 Wildhack & Babers were going to have a chance to work with Nike on a new look? or did I just imagine that to make myself feel better? Thought I read that on here at some point though - they wouldn't be changed for this past season, but after that they'd be able to re-do the unis

I believe that 2018 was supposed to be the final year for them but hopefully, like in sports contracts, the deal can be renegotiated in the off-season prior to the final year of the deal

AD John Wildhack did indeed say that we're under the Nike contract for another year. But, what if he sat down with the Nike designers and said, "OK, you have the contractual right to dress us in funny clothes for another year, but please make those funny clothes orange."

Changing uniforms is about one thing: selling jerseys. Anything that's different sells.

Changing uniforms is about one thing: selling jerseys. Anything that's different sells.
I'm guessing our recent collection of ugly jerseys hasn't sold well.

They wore those 2 separate times this year. I know the point you mean though. I'd love to see 'Cuse get back to an updated/more traditional look.

However -- Ohio State wore an "unrecognizable" uniform in the Michigan game, the game with the most nationwide eyes on it for them.

Perhaps when you're a power brand you have a little more opportunity to try something else now and then. And maybe when your brand is not so strong you need to work a little harder to reinforce it.

Perhaps when you're a power brand you have a little more opportunity to try something else now and then. And maybe when your brand is not so strong you need to work a little harder to reinforce it.
I'm all for crazy 3rd jerseys to sell merchandise and to jazz recruits.

Just give me one set of sane home and away jerseys (that are our primary uniform).

It doesn't have to be an either/or.

I'm guessing our recent collection of ugly jerseys hasn't sold well.
I don't think I have ever seen a fan wearing one of the duct tape uniforms. The SU uniforms I see being worn by the fans are almost all old school. I have seen a handful of fans wearing the traditional dark blue jerseys with the unreadable numbers. Never ones in white, duct tape grey or, of course, orange.

I would guess the sales of our football jerseys are unbelievably bad. People are voting with their wallets. Good for them.

We've had two nationally televised upsets in the last 4 years (the only years recruits for the next few seasons will remember). When they think of Syracuse Football, our current iterations will be the brand THEY know, so changing it now would have the exact same effect as it does on you old timers complaining about the uniforms.

Not sure if you saw all the pics from the officials this weekend but it looked like the recruits were really enjoying the photoshoot in their "ugly" uniforms.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

That is what I remember as well, which is good

If I could win just 1 battle in the uniform war...it would be ORANGE helmets 100% of the time.

I think it would end the All Blue disaster and would match the blues up with either Orange or white and it would end the All white generic team nonsense.

We are waisting too much time and resources fighting the uniforms when they just keep opening up New fronts.

Helmets: ALL ORANGE 100% of the games.

We can even use the NFL’s ‘player safety means 1 helmet’ rule.

Then we move on.

Let’s Borg this...