Go to the game Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Go to the game Saturday

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
God knows the players need the support. A win here does more than save the current season.

Probably the worst situation our team could have ended in after the BC win, but we’re here.

Last game of the season, you can do it.

God knows the players need the support. A win here does more than save the current season.

Probably the worst situation our team could have ended in after the BC win, but we’re here.

People have to decide if it's worth it at this point. To me the game is a very affordable three hours spent with your family. To sell it as anything else is probably overselling the experience. This won't be WVU 1987 with the undefeated season on the line.

The game itself is almost meaningless in terms of real opportunity. If we win, we finish 500. Great, i guess. If we lose we're still the same team. Pitt and their fans realize this game is probably one you don't want anyone to get hurt in because they already clinched an ACC Championship game.

I don't even know if i'm going to watch this weekend on tv because it's a weekend my entire family is home and no one else in the household (my wife is a graduate too) has 1% interest in watching.

Last edited:
I bring my son to every home game, If you don’t have kids or younger kids that can go okay. I spend game days there only 6-7 days a year with at least part of my family. Rest of my family goes to at least 2. Lot of people stay at home and watch with their families I get that, but I’d rather bring my family to the games. That’s just me though.

People have to decide if it's worth it at this point. To me the game is a very affordable three hours spent with your family. To sell it as anything else is probably overselling the experience. This won't be WVU 1987 with the undefeated season on the line.

The game itself is almost meaningless in terms of real opportunity. If we win, we finish 500. Great, i guess. If we lose we're still the same team. Pitt and their fans realize this game is probably one you don't want anyone to get hurt in because they already clinched an ACC Championship game.

I don't even know if i'm going to watch this weekend on tv because it's a weekend my entire family is home and no one else in the household (my wife is a graduate too) has 1% interest in watching.
If we win we go to a bowl. 6-6 or whatever record, a bowl has a number of benefits on and off the field for a struggling program

As usual, I'll be there. I'll be loud, I'll be proud, I'll be orange, and I'll probably be intoxicated.

It's important to show support to the team, especially the Sr's. Stating the obvious, getting a win over a ranked team, for a little end of season momentum and to propel us into a bowl is definitely worth the $3 investment or whatever people can get tickets for.

If we win we go to a bowl. 6-6 or whatever record, a bowl has a number of benefits on and off the field for a struggling program
It will land us a bowl. It will be a very similar bowl to the one in Shafer's season 1. Did it ultimately do anything in the grand scheme of things? No. It was a blip.

I want us to win 6 games and go to bowls but nothing about that scenario is going to change whether JW is keeping or firing Dino. That decision was made a month ago if you read the tea leaves.

I'd almost rather we lose on Saturday and then figure out what we need to figure out vs assume this was a successful campaign and potentially keep on some guys/coaches on this record

It will land us a bowl. It will be a very similar bowl to the one in Shafer's season 1. Did it ultimately do anything in the grand scheme of things? No. It was a blip.

I want us to win 6 games and go to bowls but nothing about that scenario is going to change whether JW is keeping or firing Dino. That decision was made a month ago if you read the tea leaves.

I'd almost rather we lose on Saturday and then figure out what we need to figure out vs assume this was a successful campaign and potentially keep on some guys/coaches on this record

Win Saturday, win a bowl game, keep momentum going. Let the other chips fall where they may. I've been a big Dino supporter, but he lost me this season. I'd love for them to replace him & all key players to remain, but I'm not sure what will happen. What I do know is - winning always helps. Just win, baby!

I'm not sure I agree it'd be just a blip. A few weeks ago I thought this team was trending in a really nice direction after the BC win, now after the last two weeks, I am perplexed at where the team went that won a last minute game against VT, beat BC, and Liberty then lost heartbreakers to Wake, FlaSt, and Clemson. I thought this was a team a few good decisions away, and a full year with Shrader we right those bad decisions, and loses. Now I have no idea what we have, I still want like heck to watch this team get a 6th win. So many of the super seniors coming back deserve a nice send off after last years garbage season.

All that said, I guess I'm at the point, lets see if Dino can dig deep and get us a win, and hope like heck whatever decision we make going forward, we can see some consistent success. I'd love it to be Dino, but it's getting really hard to believe. Anyways, I'll be at the game, and rooting like heck. Lets get that win.

I love going to games at the Dome, even the ones that don't go so great for the home team.

I wish they would move it closer to my house.

I'll be there on Saturday, looking forward to it. Normally I welcome 7:30 starts, this time it's a little inconvenient. But whatever. Beggars can't be choosers.

If this post gets a single like, I will lose all faith in humanity and cry myself to sleep tonight.

I'd thumbs down it. I'm in a rotten mood today about all things SU.

I am just saying that fools gold got us into some predicaments with this program. I don't want to see us making decisions based on one game.

Unfortunately it's going to be empty on Saturday and probably a struggle to get above 20K.

Id be shocked if we have 15k personally

I didn't want to be a total downer but actually thought the same thing. This has the chance to be historically bad attendance wise and thats not hyperbole.

It’s ironic how this season would look if they had called the holding penalty at the end of the Florida State game. It’s funny how one call can change a team‘s season.

There's a good chance it could have gone to overtime and we lost.

The only one I really want back is going for 2 in the 3rd quarter against Wake. Yes, Szymt could have missed the XP anyway, but lower odds I think.

I’ll be there the entire game.

I wonder why I put myself through this especially after traveling to Lousiville and NC State.

My wife is about to give up on it all.

We need a win Saturday in the worst way
Yet you liked a post that hopes OUT LOUD that we lose! HEETER you’re killing me! Lol

Yet you liked a post that hopes OUT LOUD that we lose! HEETER you’re killing me! Lol

sometimes I just like to give out likes.

Plus I saw the post about “if this post gets a like” and said….hmmm LOL

But besides the last line, there was some good stuff in there

Taco Oprah GIF

Like this but with likes LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online