Goal for Season...Keep McCord Injury Free and Upright | Syracusefan.com

Goal for Season...Keep McCord Injury Free and Upright

CarlsbergMD

Walk On
Tough loss, for a first year head coach, but I just ran the math...McCord threw for 339 yards tonight...We can quibble about how good of a team Stanford is...McCord's on pace for 4,600 yards, 40 TDs and 12 INTs...That's a remarkable season...Hopefully we can go better than 7-5 record wise...

I said it after week one and I’ll say it again, I’d take 7 wins for the season in a heartbeat right now. Our offensive and defensive lines are not good. You usually don’t win more than you loss if that’s the case. Throw in a Dbacks coach as your 1st time head coach and our typical injury luck and it almost always less than 7 wins.

This board has been delusional since Fran was hired. Toss in two wins to start the season and people act like we’re Georgia. Now we lose a nail bitter and everyone loses their mind.

We are still exactly what any sane objective person thought at the beginning of the season. A 5 to 7 win team. Give Fran time to build the lines and learn how to be a head coach. The lines are by far the hardest to build quality depth. It takes years.

If we lost a 38-34 type shootout we probably could’ve seen that coming. Maybe not last night but sooner or later. The complete breakdown in pass protection is what nobody expected. And I have to think some of it rests on poor preparation. It’s like they never practiced against the alignments, spacing or stunts that Stanford threw at them. That was shockingly bad.

What the heck did Georgia tech expose on film? My word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom