Golf, Golf and more Golf | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Golf, Golf and more Golf

How often does everyone play here?? I live in nyc so I don’t get much chance to practice but I try to play around once a week. Now that the weather has turned I’m going to go to the range this week at Chelsea piers. Playing on Saturday and coming off a nice round of 88. I’m playing an easier course so I really wanna tear it up.

My goal is to break 80 this summer. I think it’s definitely possible I just need to stay consistent and avoid the blow up holes. Had 3 triple bogeys and 2 double bogeys yesterday and those absolutely crushed my score. I need to play smarter and actually learn when to be aggressive and when/where to miss shots. I was long on two holes and it left me with tough down hill chips. On the flip side I putted for birdie 6/9 holes on the back so that was encouraging. if anyone has any tips or ideas I’m all ears!

I get out once a weekend currently. Hit around 120 balls a day. I’m lucky enough to have 3 courses within 15 minutes of me here in Saratoga county.

I get out once a weekend currently. Hit around 120 balls a day. I’m lucky enough to have 3 courses within 15 minutes of me here in Saratoga county.
Ahh man I’m jealous. I golfed up there in Saratoga once and it was beautiful. Trying to set up a trip this summer to get up there. Just living the dream up there ha!

Ahh man I’m jealous. I golfed up there in Saratoga once and it was beautiful. Trying to set up a trip this summer to get up there. Just living the dream up there ha!

if you make it up this way, please let me know. Happy to have a round with you!

if you make it up this way, please let me know. Happy to have a round with you!
What is your favorite course up there??? I played at Saratoga Lake Golf club and thought it was fantastic. Shot an 89 too that day, made some great putts. But the scenery was tremendous.

How often does everyone play here?? I live in nyc so I don’t get much chance to practice but I try to play around once a week. Now that the weather has turned I’m going to go to the range this week at Chelsea piers. Playing on Saturday and coming off a nice round of 88. I’m playing an easier course so I really wanna tear it up.

My goal is to break 80 this summer. I think it’s definitely possible I just need to stay consistent and avoid the blow up holes. Had 3 triple bogeys and 2 double bogeys yesterday and those absolutely crushed my score. I need to play smarter and actually learn when to be aggressive and when/where to miss shots. I was long on two holes and it left me with tough down hill chips. On the flip side I putted for birdie 6/9 holes on the back so that was encouraging. if anyone has any tips or ideas I’m all ears!

I'm in a Monday night and a Thursday night league and also play every Friday/Saturday/Sunday- usually a couple regular rounds with a scramble tournament mixed in. I'm a decent golfer but honestly I should be better with how much I play.

I've got almost 20 rounds in already so far this year, not even including my leagues. I'm actually playing the best golf of my life and shot the best round of my life last weekend (75).

Heading to Turning Stone this Friday to play 18 at Kaluhyat and 18 at Atunyote. I love it out there.

I'm in a Monday night and a Thursday night league and also play every Friday/Saturday/Sunday- usually a couple regular rounds with a scramble tournament mixed in. I'm a decent golfer but honestly I should be better with how much I play.

I've got almost 20 rounds in already so far this year, not even including my leagues. I'm actually playing the best golf of my life and shot the best round of my life last weekend (75).

Heading to Turning Stone this Friday to play 18 at Kaluhyat and 18 at Atunyote. I love it out there.
That's pretty awesome, 75 is damn good. Thats a serious golfer right here.

Summer is upon us. Time for golf. For those that do not know, my whole life has been golf and it is my profession so use this to ask anything and I love the board so happy to help as much as I can and share as many pga tour stories as I got. This could be fun
you playing in the AIM? Not exempt anymore so I am bagging it and looping for my son who is.

So... this is off topic from this thread. But it has to do with golf, so I’m going to give it a shot.

A friend of mine and I want to set up a mini Ryder Cup type event and we have had an impossible time getting guys to commit to playing, so I’d like to open it up here to some of you. This is Syracuse area folks.

Here’s what we have in mind:

Two days - Friday, June 25 and Saturday, June 26

Ryder Cup format (modified)
Two teams of four (8 players total) I have my team of four. Looking for four more -individuals or as a team.

Friday - 36 Holes (2-man best ball followed by Alternate Shot)
Saturday - 18 Holes of Match Play
Saturday evening barbeque/beer at my house for awards presentation.

We haven't picked the courses yet, but they would be local (Syracuse)and probably middle of the road type. (Possibly Rogues Roost and/or Northern Pines or Links at Erie Village.)

We don't know the cost yet. We're working on that. But safe to say it will not be expensive. Greens fees and skins to create and modest prize monies.

The guys playing range from a low handicapper (8?) to hackers like me. So there will be a mix of players. Handicaps will be used for all matches.
This is about a fun competition, not about win at all costs. We just want fun matches.

Best case scenario is you have your team and I have mine and we play. But if I can’t get a team of four, I will entertain four individuals, and we will divide up to balance the squads.

If interested, PM me ASAP. Deadline is June 1. Thanks.

ALL4SU

Tuesday/Saturday/Sunday as long as we can. Made it to December last year.

Tuesday/Saturday/Sunday as long as we can. Made it to December last year.
That sounds a lot like someone who is living the dream to me!!! One of the bad parts about living in the northeast, golf season ends around October.

I got out there on Saturday and absolutely stunk up the joint. Was chugging along nicely at 3 over thru 7 and just fell apart. I was weak mentally. Got bit by a few insects, was sweating up a storm and forgot a sweat towel. End up scratching my leg with my gloved hand than my glove gets wet and my hand slips of my club on my ensuing drive. Ugh. All downhill from there, couldn’t drive the ball straight and my chipping and putting was pathetic. End up shooting a 93 on a course i shot an 85 on three weeks ago. So frustrating and now I cant play until Sunday so I gotta think about this all week. Gonna see if I can get a driving range sesh at Chelsea piers in this week because I obv need it badly.

That sounds a lot like someone who is living the dream to me!!! One of the bad parts about living in the northeast, golf season ends around October.

I got out there on Saturday and absolutely stunk up the joint. Was chugging along nicely at 3 over thru 7 and just fell apart. I was weak mentally. Got bit by a few insects, was sweating up a storm and forgot a sweat towel. End up scratching my leg with my gloved hand than my glove gets wet and my hand slips of my club on my ensuing drive. Ugh. All downhill from there, couldn’t drive the ball straight and my chipping and putting was pathetic. End up shooting a 93 on a course i shot an 85 on three weeks ago. So frustrating and now I cant play until Sunday so I gotta think about this all week. Gonna see if I can get a driving range sesh at Chelsea piers in this week because I obv need it badly.
Anytime we can get to December in Syracuse is a win. October golf is the best. One of our best degenerate gambling days is the day after thanksgiving if no snow is on ground.

SInce we’re talking golf. I’ve reached the point where I have to play for money. Could be a little, could be a lot. Doesn’t matter. It helps me grind. Without money I find myself thinking about other things which is very bad for me.

Does anyone else need to play for something when they go out?

So I played 36 at Turning Stone Friday - 18 at Kaluhyat in the AM, 18 at Atunyote in the PM.

Was eating lunch at Atunyote before our 1:20 tee time (all their food is fantastic, BTW), when in comes HCDB. I called over, said "Hey, Coach!", he came over shook my hand and chatted for a brief moment. Made a couple funny comments, then he had to take off. I didn't want to bug him for a picture or anything since he was obviously just out to relax and have fun.

I got to the 1st tee, and lo and behold he was the group teeing off right before mine. Coach, if you read this, please know I love you. I appreciate the few minutes you spent saying hi. I think you're going to do great things here.

But you're a very slow golfer. :)

So I played 36 at Turning Stone Friday - 18 at Kaluhyat in the AM, 18 at Atunyote in the PM.

Was eating lunch at Atunyote before our 1:20 tee time (all their food is fantastic, BTW), when in comes HCDB. I called over, said "Hey, Coach!", he came over shook my hand and chatted for a brief moment. Made a couple funny comments, then he had to take off. I didn't want to bug him for a picture or anything since he was obviously just out to relax and have fun.

I got to the 1st tee, and lo and behold he was the group teeing off right before mine. Coach, if you read this, please know I love you. I appreciate the few minutes you spent saying hi. I think you're going to do great things here.

But you're a very slow golfer. :)
But he still runs fast coming out of the locker room!

I am retired and golf three days a week. I live in Charlottesville and sometimes mentor (life and academic) UVA athletes on a part-time basis (not for the money!!).

Anyway, I became extremely close friends with one of my UVA athlete mentees whose Dad was a professional athlete at an all star level (he’s now retired at 45). I live on the 16th hole of Spring Creek Golf Club in Zion Crossroads just outside of Charlottesville and have taken to playing golf with my mentee when he could spare the time. The life of a college athlete is incredibly busy but he loves golf as well as his own sport so he makes the time. His Dad also plays, and since my friend just graduated this last week, I invited him and his Dad who was attending the graduation to play 18 together.

It is so much fun playing with a college level and a professional athlete because I got to watch the level of concentration they garnered over each shot (especially the Dad). The fun part for me was that we played from a tee behind where I normally play from and I still shot an 80 to beat both of them. My score could have been way better had I been putting well. I missed several 6-10 foot birdie putts. - But ball striking wise it was quite likely the best round of my life (although I’ve shot 75). We then had a very nice meal together at the clubhouse and he shared several awesome stories with me.

Golf is such an awesome sport when you’re retired. I don’t know what I would have done this past Covid year without it!

Hit a couple milestones this week:

-First 300 yard drive.
-On a Par Five later in the round, a 245 yard 5 wood gave me my first ever eagle putt.

The start of year two took a bit to get back into the momentum I gained towards the end of last season; but I’m pleased with my progressions. I have a lot of golf coming up over the next two weeks.

1. Weekend round in Watertown, NY while I am on vacation.
2. A two day competition here in Albany with a friend. Excited to experience competition golf, especially with some money on the line. My high handicap is going to help me.
3. Our athletic department is having a captain and crew tournament as a fundraiser, and my team turned out to be pretty stacked. All of the coaches in our department are ultra competitive (you should see our noon ball basketball games), so it will be a fun atmosphere.

I’m about four weeks away from the birth of my second daughter, so I’m trying to get as much in as I can right now.

I love golf, i live in nyc and play once per week, bethpage red is my favorite course, i am an attorney so i cant play more than once per week but would play 36 holes a day if i could, i love the game and a golf course is the only place where i can truly clear my mind.

i hit titleist mb 712s but really like the new taylor made line of irons. This day in age, all the major manufacturers make good irons sets for all levels of play.

SInce we’re talking golf. I’ve reached the point where I have to play for money. Could be a little, could be a lot. Doesn’t matter. It helps me grind. Without money I find myself thinking about other things which is very bad for me.

Does anyone else need to play for something when they go out?
I almost always have something on the line. We play wolf, wolf hammer, baseball, Nassau’s and skins depending on who is playing we choose.

I live in Georgia. I luckily can golf pretty much 12 months a year. I have a membership with Clubcorp that has full rights at a few courses so it is pretty enjoyable. I just got back from 4 days up in Kohler Wisconsin which is a trip I recommend any golfer take.

Hit a couple milestones this week:

-First 300 yard drive.
-On a Par Five later in the round, a 245 yard 5 wood gave me my first ever eagle putt.

The start of year two took a bit to get back into the momentum I gained towards the end of last season; but I’m pleased with my progressions. I have a lot of golf coming up over the next two weeks.

1. Weekend round in Watertown, NY while I am on vacation.
2. A two day competition here in Albany with a friend. Excited to experience competition golf, especially with some money on the line. My high handicap is going to help me.
3. Our athletic department is having a captain and crew tournament as a fundraiser, and my team turned out to be pretty stacked. All of the coaches in our department are ultra competitive (you should see our noon ball basketball games), so it will be a fun atmosphere.

I’m about four weeks away from the birth of my second daughter, so I’m trying to get as much in as I can right now.

curt b territory with the 300 yd drive.

Well done

Tell me about it. I live in western Canada. I go about six months without touching a club (so we play hockey instead). Currently at 11.4 index. Last Thursday I closed bogey-bogey-double for an 80. Cow the younger would have been in clinical depression, Now, it's just golf. :) Got fitted a month ago for G425 irons but every supply chain in the freaking world is backlogged <sigh>. Hope I get 'em before September.

Tell me about it. I live in western Canada. I go about six months without touching a club (so we play hockey instead). Currently at 11.4 index. Last Thursday I closed bogey-bogey-double for an 80. Cow the younger would have been in clinical depression, Now, it's just golf. :) Got fitted a month ago for G425 irons but every supply chain in the freaking world is backlogged <sigh>. Hope I get 'em before September.
Our golf Syracuse in Syracuse has been fairly long the last few years. End of March to December. I think we played drumlins east in mid December last year. So while we’ve always said “6 month season” here, in actuality it’s been more much longer. If fact it’s a nice three month break to get all the home maintenance stuff done that i ignore for 9 months

I almost always have something on the line. We play wolf, wolf hammer, baseball, Nassau’s and skins depending on who is playing we choose.
There are a couple of high dollar degenerate games at our club I try to avoid. It’s mostly because I don’t understand the score keeping.

We’ve been playing a lot of Nassau. We vary the dollar amounts. We’ll also layer various junk at different $ amount depending on how everyone is feeling that day.

There are a couple of high dollar degenerate games at our club I try to avoid. It’s mostly because I don’t understand the score keeping.

We’ve been playing a lot of Nassau. We vary the dollar amounts. We’ll also layer various junk at different $ amount depending on how everyone is feeling that day.
The scoring can get goofy some times. The first time I played a game of Wolf Hammer I walked onto the 18th tee box down 300, and left up 300. That said we usually only exchange about 20-30 dollars. Not knowing the game the first time is what created the extremes. I think trading twenties amongst friends is a good place to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom