Golf, Golf and more Golf | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Golf, Golf and more Golf

Hey guys (and gals, if any here). I am in a swing reboot: trying to get a good inside out swing, rather than bringing my hands over the top. Also trying to learn to open my left side, not just shift my weight forward. Taking lessons and practicing when I can, but does anyone have any drills (or mantras) to help me.
Don't embrace every new swing thought that comes along. Find a teacher who a.) you like, and b.) makes sense to you, and stick with him. It's a process, not an event. Practice with a purpose, and think of practice as fun. Good luck with it. :)

Don't embrace every new swing thought that comes along. Find a teacher who a.) you like, and b.) makes sense to you, and stick with him. It's a process, not an event. Practice with a purpose, and think of practice as fun. Good luck with it. :)
Got a great guy teaching, and it’s not stuff I can’t do, it’s just old habits slip back in. Trying to find some good things to anchor to when the swing goes south.
I will be playing 7-8 rounds in 10 days In September, so I am also building up some swing stamina.
Figured out today on the range that I was not turning enough in my back swing.
Concentrating on the process, not the results right now.
Glad to be back at it after about 5 years off.

Got a great guy teaching, and it’s not stuff I can’t do, it’s just old habits slip back in. Trying to find some good things to anchor to when the swing goes south.
I will be playing 7-8 rounds in 10 days In September, so I am also building up some swing stamina.
Figured out today on the range that I was not turning enough in my back swing.
Concentrating on the process, not the results right now.
Glad to be back at it after about 5 years off.
Don't over complicate your thoughts. Watch some slow motion golf swing videos of PGA and LPGA (the women are generally more technically sound). Watch it repeatedly to break down every body part (both hands, wrists, arms, elbows, legs, feet, torso, head) and ball positioning to see what it is doing during each aspect of the swing. Don't necessarily try to replicate but use that information to improve your swing faults. So many people start off in bad shape due to improper grip or poor/hurried takeaway or arms too extended from the body.

Hey guys (and gals, if any here). I am in a swing reboot: trying to get a good inside out swing, rather than bringing my hands over the top. Also trying to learn to open my left side, not just shift my weight forward. Taking lessons and practicing when I can, but does anyone have any drills (or mantras) to help me.
That's almost exactly my problem too. Can't seem to get my body to do what it is supposed to in that aspect. Been watching some videos online. The best I've seen so far are from Clay Ballard. He has a few, and here is one that was good

dang and i was hitting the ball so well , now all these new thoughts are gonna be in my head tomorrow.. my golftec guy wanted me to shallow out my swing pre-covid but i hit everthing so bad I quit trying and havent been able to go back to work on it,., finally got back to shooting mid 30s again and now I know Im gonna hit a fat slice trying to do this..

Golf is such a funny game. I had been swinging really well in year two. Shot 4 rounds in a row in the mid 90s and thought I was on my wY to figuring this game out.

The golf gods laughed and said not so fast.

Starting from the end of June until where I am now; I feel like I’ve never swing a club in my life. Everything feels awful and not natural. I’m struggling with fat contact, early extension, and I can’t seem to control my club head. I’ve now posted 5 consecutive rounds between 101-107 and the joy that I had after breaking 100 at the end year 1 is now gone and I feel completely lost.

Probably for the better that tennis season is starting and I’ll be taking a month off. Hopefully I can regain some momentum come October.

Tell me about it. I live in western Canada. I go about six months without touching a club (so we play hockey instead). Currently at 11.4 index. Last Thursday I closed bogey-bogey-double for an 80. Cow the younger would have been in clinical depression, Now, it's just golf. :) Got fitted a month ago for G425 irons but every supply chain in the freaking world is backlogged <sigh>. Hope I get 'em before September.
You ain’t kidding. Got fitted in June at the Turning Stone for a set of Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Pro w/TT Dynamic Gold X100 shafts. I just picked them up the other day, so about 8 weeks. Other manufacturers lead times are running even longer.

You ain’t kidding. Got fitted in June at the Turning Stone for a set of Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Pro w/TT Dynamic Gold X100 shafts. I just picked them up the other day, so about 8 weeks. Other manufacturers lead times are running even longer.

I'd have been happy with 8 weeks. It's now September, and I have the 5, 6, 8, 9. No 7, PW or GW.

Those are what I play with. You will like them.

I'd have been happy with 8 weeks. It's now September, and I have the 5, 6, 8, 9. No 7, PW or GW.
That’s interesting that they are giving them to you piecemeal like that

That’s interesting that they are giving them to you piecemeal like that

It's against their previous policy, however I figure they're taking a lot of heat.

dang and i was hitting the ball so well , now all these new thoughts are gonna be in my head tomorrow.. my golftec guy wanted me to shallow out my swing pre-covid but i hit everthing so bad I quit trying and havent been able to go back to work on it,., finally got back to shooting mid 30s again and now I know Im gonna hit a fat slice trying to do this..
Shallowing is such bad form

Two quick ones but they help me. For inside out place 2-3 balls on tees behind and outside of you ball. Hit balls repeatedly but not the outside ball.

for hip turn turn your front foot and knee out about 20-30 degrees.

I get bored with my swing anyway.. I dont practice so swing changes are always interesting to work on in round.

As your body ages, your swing will change. Whether you're in control of that or not. :)

I get bored with my swing anyway.. I dont practice so swing changes are always interesting to work on in round.
I tried to shallow/lay off for years. I wish I had the time back. Ever tried to hit a high cut as far as
A draw? Now that you’ll spend good time on!

I just try to hit ball straight. I have enough issues with that shot. My buddies all talk about cut, draws, high fades, I laugh and tell them my plan is to hit a straight, low riser.

Can we talk about launch monitor, net and mat set up for the garage over the winter. Anyone thinking about jumping into this? garmin has a new reasonably priced launch monitor as does Ernest

I wish I had a garage to try and set something up. but Im also too old to worry about it any more. Never saw the value of fades and draws. I do like hitting hooks and slices around things though.

Has anyone played Reunion resort in Orlando. We’re doing our winter guys golf trip there in March. It’s easy to get to and easy to coordinate. Looks good on paper. We expanded to 8 guys this year. We’ll see how that goes

I have been taking lessons at Turning Stone this winter. I probably give away a shot or more every other hole with bad swings and/or drives.
My brother and I will be taking lots of trips over the next few years.
I would highly recommend Pebble/Spanish Bay/ Spy Glass Hill. To me it’s worth the investment.

Have looked a bit for a music play list/recording with a good beat for swing tempo. Would like to listen as I practice. Anyone got anything?

I have been taking lessons at Turning Stone this winter. I probably give away a shot or more every other hole with bad swings and/or drives.
My brother and I will be taking lots of trips over the next few years.
I would highly recommend Pebble/Spanish Bay/ Spy Glass Hill. To me it’s worth the investment.
I’m with on the giving away of shots. It’s not every hole but enough turn an 81 into an 86. Just brain dead stupid shots

My club is opening this Friday and will be the second earliest opening in its history. So stoked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom