Gonzaga reportedly joining the Big East. Fiscarelli strikes again! | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga reportedly joining the Big East. Fiscarelli strikes again!

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
After the Mintz call, I feel like Fiscarelli has the sources on this and wouldn’t report if he didn’t feel confident.

Wonder if and when St Mary’s, U of San Diego, U of San Francisco, U of Loyola Marymount maybe even BYU join.

Plus St. Louis or Dayton and UMASS.

Last edited:
We should probably do the same.
I respectfully disagree. You can't throw away $30 million in annual revenue, probably more like $40 or even $50 million by 2036, to possibly help basketball.

Now sometime around 2034, there will be a lot of changes in the college landscape and it could possibly make sense then.

I think it makes a lot more sense to make a great hire for a new coaching staff for men's basketball ASAP and see if that addresses the problems our program is having now. I think it will.

I saw let's ride out the ACC contract for the next 13 years, make a ton of money, and see where things stand sometime around 2034.

We should have many much better options than joining the Big East for basketball (and presumably playing football as an independent).

But it is nice to know it is an option in the event a series of immense calamities occur and our football program has no decent options to move forward from.

Can't continue to call it the Big East can they? Wouldn't that be misleading?

Would that put DePaul and Marquette in the western division?

Would that put DePaul and Marquette in the western division?
Eastern Division: UCONN, Providence, Gtown, Nova, St Johns, Seton Hall, UMASS. Western Division: Marquette, Depaul, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Dayton, Gonzaga. Home and away against teams in your division and 1 against teams from the other. Cuts travel down tremendously, especially for teams in the Eastern Division..

Good lord
Verbal Warnings GIF by Cody Frost

Honestly every rumor now sounds credible to me. Someone could post a tweet from Greg Doyel saying that the 1927 Yankees were joining the MAC and I’d think that was semi-plausible.
Yeah, I'm still tight with the Maryland Mole. So...

But to be serious, I keep an eye on the csnbbs conference expansion board and some posters there were saying that this source has vomited a lot of bad predictions recently.

But to be serious, I keep an eye on the csnbbs conference expansion board and some posters there were saying that this source has vomited a lot of bad predictions recently.

Ugh. “Freelance writer.” So another guy who gets retweets and likes writing CR fanfic?

I realize the rules of journalism don't apply on the 'net, but shouldn't Fiscarelli have found a second source to confirm before he posted this?

I realize the rules of journalism don't apply on the 'net, but shouldn't Fiscarelli have found a second source to confirm before he posted this?
Yeah, just like when he predicted KU to the Big East and PayPal Cal getting the axe. Allegedly. I don't care enough to check.

Yeah, just like when he predicted KU to the Big East and PayPal Cal getting the axe. Allegedly. I don't care enough to check.
What makes you so dubious of the fact that Gonzaga desires to upgrade their league? The WCC has no umph at all.

What makes you so dubious of the fact that Gonzaga desires to upgrade their league? The WCC has no umph at all.
Exactly what you quoted, that's what.

They don't need this and the WCC has been dragged up big time by them San Francisco and St Marys got AT LARGES that is unheard of 5 or so years ago.

P12 getting a serious black eye if not worse only helps them.

It doesn't even make sense for TV why put Gonzaga at home on at 10 or 11 when they will crush the 7-9 slots for ratings. You wouldn't want them as your late game if you are FS1.

The Zags will slip a bit though they won't be perrenial 1 seeds for ever will be interesting to see if they panic when they become another good program again and aren't a full equal to Kentucky like they are RN.

His recruiting stuff has been pretty good, including calling Mintz to Cuse before anybody. His conference expansion reporting/predictions have mostly been bad takes. He actually said Kansas was angling to join the Big East for all sports and go indie in football. Bwahahahahaha.

His recruiting stuff has been pretty good, including calling Mintz to Cuse before anybody. His conference expansion reporting/predictions have mostly been bad takes. He actually said Kansas was angling to join the Big East for all sports and go indie in football. Bwahahahahaha.
There was a point where it looked like the B12 might just perish. They were probably exploring their options.

Any universities in the UK or Spain joining the ACC? it’s still the Atlantic Coast…
(Or let’s just go get Hawaii, Guam, and Alaska before it’s too late)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom